Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heading into week 2....

Would love to get some actual chatter going on this board....the GMAC had a fairly disappointing week going 3-5 winners being LEC, Tiffin & Walsh. Hillsdale lost by 4 - didnt see or catch any of the recap and ODU lost by 5. A very tight game the whole way through which I actually thought they had wrapped up and lost on some miscues at the end.

With the addition of Ashland and soon to be Northwood and TM this conference is going to be tough week in and week out, not to mention the cross over games with the GLVC.

Game you are most looking forward to for your team? Findlay - the team ODU loves to match up with

Toughest game on your schedule? UINDY, ASHLAND, TIFFIN; Uindy seems to be a high caliber team all the way around, Ashland was a ? mark since they haven't played in 2 years but seeing how they played NDC, going to be a battle, and Tiffin - we are what 0-4 against them in 4 years....

Does anyone want to start a pick-em for week 2? Add to the chatter and health of this board,

Since winning the GMAC 4 years ago hillsdale seems to be on a down trend. I think KW will snag a few more wins in years past, same with LEC, young coaches who seems to be steering in the right direction. I hope Walsh can rise to the occasion too.

No longer an overlooked conference as we have some teams to be reckoned with, hoping we can move 2 team to the playoffs

Agree...seems like their are not a lot of people wanting to talk GMAC football these days.

I really like how this league is setting up. ODU, Tiffin, Findlay and Ashland all seem to have strong teams. Hilsdale is right behind them. Always nice when a few of the other teams in the conference can get some wins in the non conference like Walsh and Lake Erie.

Really would have liked to have seen Ashland win at ND. They had two huge plays in about a 4 min span that just took the wind right out of them. With 2 mins left in the half, Ashlands QB fumbled and Notre Dame returned it of a TD. Then on the opening kickoff of the 2nd half they ran back a TD. A huge swing. I need to see Ashland take a big step this week vs Ferris.

Comment

Disappointed in my be results, KWC, Hillsdale and Ashland outplayed their opponents but lost heartbreakers. Tiffin had an impressive win and how about Walsh & LEC with road wins! ODU had a chance too. Surprised that UF got thumped.

This week will offer more opportunities and then the two week cycle with the GLVC.

Comment

Dale Dude is back on the board after a couple of years away. Hillsdale lost another close one. They do that a lot, but it's tough to win on the road in the UP and tougher with a lot of younger starters. The Chargers are always going to be competitive with Head Coach Keith Otterbein and his O and D coordinators. Otter's 20 years at the helm and his coordinators with 21 years each at Hillsdale, means that they have seen it all in the GLIAC and GMAC. This crew overcomes the enormous challenges of recruiting. The average gpa for incoming students at Hillsdale is 3.93. Entrance exam scores: Off the charts! Number of students at Hillsdale is just under 1,500, and with an endowment of more than 900,000,000+ (nine hundred million plus), the Board of Directors have given the go for all new athletic facilities. That includes a world class track and field facility, new and much improved baseball and softball stadiums with lights, and last, but certainly not least, a new football indoor practice facility and a new stadium. Football updates will be the final phase. So, no matter what challenges the Chargers face this season, they'll show up and play the kind of football that wins games, just not all of them. Let's keep the GMAC board alive and hopefully we'll have some fun!

Comment

Originally posted by HeftyLefty View Post
          Would love to get some actual chatter going on this board....the GMAC had a fairly disappointing week going 3-5 winners being LEC, Tiffin & Walsh. Hillsdale lost by 4 - didnt see or catch any of the recap and ODU lost by 5. A very tight game the whole way through which I actually thought they had wrapped up and lost on some miscues at the end.

With the addition of Ashland and soon to be Northwood and TM this conference is going to be tough week in and week out, not to mention the cross over games with the GLVC.

Game you are most looking forward to for your team? Findlay - the team ODU loves to match up with

Toughest game on your schedule? UINDY, ASHLAND, TIFFIN; Uindy seems to be a high caliber team all the way around, Ashland was a ? mark since they haven't played in 2 years but seeing how they played NDC, going to be a battle, and Tiffin - we are what 0-4 against them in 4 years....

Does anyone want to start a pick-em for week 2? Add to the chatter and health of this board,

Since winning the GMAC 4 years ago hillsdale seems to be on a down trend. I think KW will snag a few more wins in years past, same with LEC, young coaches who seems to be steering in the right direction. I hope Walsh can rise to the occasion too.

No longer an overlooked conference as we have some teams to be reckoned with, hoping we can move 2 team to the playoffs
          Shepherd was up 12 or 13 pts with 5 mins left, when exactly did you think that ODU had anything wrapped up? Shepherd did their damndest to try and give the game to ODU, but thankfully the Rams held on. The punt team alone pretty much gave you guys 14 pts:

-9 yard punt in the first qtr, giving you the ball around the Rams 40. Touchdown ODU
          -Fumbled punt return after 3 and out, giving ODU the ball at the Rams 30, turnover on downs by ODU.
          -bad snap to open the 3rd qtr, ODU takes over on Shepherd 17 yard line. Touchdown ODU

We had the QB punt on a pooch kick in the 4th qtr finally since we couldn't figure out how to snap and kick the whole game. Might have to do that more going forward, otherwise I think Shepherd wins this game by at least 3 scores.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Shepherd was up 12 or 13 pts with 5 mins left, when exactly did you think that ODU had anything wrapped up? Shepherd did their damndest to try and give the game to ODU, but thankfully the Rams held on. The punt team alone pretty much gave you guys 14 pts:

-9 yard punt in the first qtr, giving you the ball around the Rams 40. Touchdown ODU
            -Fumbled punt return after 3 and out, giving ODU the ball at the Rams 30, turnover on downs by ODU.
            -bad snap to open the 3rd qtr, ODU takes over on Shepherd 17 yard line. Touchdown ODU

We had the QB punt on a pooch kick in the 4th qtr finally since we couldn't figure out how to snap and kick the whole game. Might have to do that more going forward, otherwise I think Shepherd wins this game by at least 3 scores.
            i should not have used the word wrapped up, wishful thinking and was hopeful for my Panthers. With the exception of the 4th qtr the game was neck and neck the entire way. And reviewing the stats ODU faired better in most of them ( with the exception of total yards 390 to 343 Rams favor. and wow the Rams 3rd down % 69% best i've see a long time from any team. certaintly killed our momentum. also fairly weak up front giving up 4 sacks. can't really say it was a 3 touchdown game... can only say it was a 5 point game right. Shep is always a formidable team, makes the series score 1-1 now correct? this could be a key win for the Rams when it comes down to playoffs. Can't quite figure this Panther squad out.. always right there but not upper tier.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleDude View Post
              Dale Dude is back on the board after a couple of years away. Hillsdale lost another close one. They do that a lot, but it's tough to win on the road in the UP and tougher with a lot of younger starters. The Chargers are always going to be competitive with Head Coach Keith Otterbein and his O and D coordinators. Otter's 20 years at the helm and his coordinators with 21 years each at Hillsdale, means that they have seen it all in the GLIAC and GMAC. This crew overcomes the enormous challenges of recruiting. The average gpa for incoming students at Hillsdale is 3.93. Entrance exam scores: Off the charts! Number of students at Hillsdale is just under 1,500, and with an endowment of more than 900,000,000+ (nine hundred million plus), the Board of Directors have given the go for all new athletic facilities. That includes a world class track and field facility, new and much improved baseball and softball stadiums with lights, and last, but certainly not least, a new football indoor practice facility and a new stadium. Football updates will be the final phase. So, no matter what challenges the Chargers face this season, they'll show up and play the kind of football that wins games, just not all of them. Let's keep the GMAC board alive and hopefully we'll have some fun!
              great analysis of the chargers squad. agree, winning on the road in the UP is a tough thing to do. but these losses will forever keep the GMAC as the little sister to the GLIAC. Wow the health of the facilities and school seems positive too. ODU has gone through several assistant and coordinator changes which I think is translating on the field. can't seem to keep a full staff intact. KO has a good thing going. look forward to the match up

do we have a findlay rep here? wondering what is going on with that squad, is their high powered offense still in tact? Veteran QB and RB?

Comment

Originally posted by unc4life View Post
                Agree...seems like their are not a lot of people wanting to talk GMAC football these days.

I really like how this league is setting up. ODU, Tiffin, Findlay and Ashland all seem to have strong teams. Hilsdale is right behind them. Always nice when a few of the other teams in the conference can get some wins in the non conference like Walsh and Lake Erie.

Really would have liked to have seen Ashland win at ND. They had two huge plays in about a 4 min span that just took the wind right out of them. With 2 mins left in the half, Ashlands QB fumbled and Notre Dame returned it of a TD. Then on the opening kickoff of the 2nd half they ran back a TD. A huge swing. I need to see Ashland take a big step this week vs Ferris.
                I wondered what happened in the game because the Eagles had almost double total yards than NDC. while 40% of 3rd downs to ashlands 70%. the big plays/turnovers must have done it.

Comment

Originally posted by HeftyLefty View Post

I wondered what happened in the game because the Eagles had almost double total yards than NDC. while 40% of 3rd downs to ashlands 70%. the big plays/turnovers must have done it.
                  Brenner (QB) fumbled on final drive of 1st half and they took it back for TD and then NDC returned 2nd half opening kick for a TD. AU out schemed them and had a great game plan but 2 big plays that led to 14 points was the dagger. Still had an opportunity at the end but couldn't come through. I was pretty impressed with the way they played coming off not playing a single game last year. Only gets tougher this week when Ferris State rolls into town.

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
                    Disappointed in my be results, KWC, Hillsdale and Ashland outplayed their opponents but lost heartbreakers. Tiffin had an impressive win and how about Walsh & LEC with road wins! ODU had a chance too. Surprised that UF got thumped.

This week will offer more opportunities and then the two week cycle with the GLVC.
                    Not sure how a team (Hillsdale, in this case) can finish the first half with -10 yards of total offense and still "outplay" someone. Doesn't show well for Tech if that's the case...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X