Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 GMAC Season

The 2019 season begins in less than two months from now. Anyone have any predictions, suggestions, information, etc.?

Re: 2019 GMAC Season

I'm going with:

1. Hillsdale
    2. Tiffin
    3. Findlay
    4. Alderson Broaddus
    5. Ohio Dominican
    6. Walsh
    7. Kentucky Wesleyan
    8. Lake Erie

I have no reasoning behind these picks and will probably change them later but at least I posted. Come on people, at least make an effort.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
      I'm going with:

1. Hillsdale
      2. Tiffin
      3. Findlay
      4. Alderson Broaddus
      5. Ohio Dominican
      6. Walsh
      7. Kentucky Wesleyan
      8. Lake Erie

I have no reasoning behind these picks and will probably change them later but at least I posted. Come on people, at least make an effort.
      Your ranking looks pretty good to me, although I'm hoping Alderson Broaddus will finish higher up. Hope springs eternal and all that.
      Last edited by crixus; 07-13-2019, 07:20 PM.
      Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Remember Kentucky Wesleyan has a new Coach in former University of Kentucky Player, Craig Yeast. Not only does Coach Yeast have SEC Conference experience, he also played in the NFL for the Cincinnati Bengals and the New York Jets. I am not sure what kind of season they will have this season, but next season they are going to be a top tier team. I would place KWC at No. 5 this season, and possibly sneak in at 4. I think Coach Yeast will be that good.

Comment

Not predicting, but most likely outcome:

1. Hillsdale
          2. Findlay
          3. Ohio Dominican
          4. Tiffin
          5. Alderson Broaddus
          6. Walsh
          7. Kentucky Wesleyan
          8. Lake Erie

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
            Remember Kentucky Wesleyan has a new Coach in former University of Kentucky Player, Craig Yeast. Not only does Coach Yeast have SEC Conference experience, he also played in the NFL for the Cincinnati Bengals and the New York Jets. I am not sure what kind of season they will have this season, but next season they are going to be a top tier team. I would place KWC at No. 5 this season, and possibly sneak in at 4. I think Coach Yeast will be that good.
            How does he change a 3-7 team ( 20-33 last 5 years) into a contender after 2 hs HC jobs and 1 college AC job. What am I missing ?

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
              How does he change a 3-7 team ( 20-33 last 5 years) into a contender after 2 hs HC jobs and 1 college AC job. What am I missing ?
              Not sure, looked at this years schedule. Beyond LEC, I guess Quincy and SW Baptist could be winnable. They actually have a chance to be 3-1 before they most likely lose the last 7.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                There is a lot to like about Yeast if you are Kentucky Wesleyan. One, he has been a winner wherever he has gone. It isn't like he has failed at any stop. Two, he played for Hal Mumme at Kentucky. The coaching tree for Mumme is quite good.....Leach (HC-Washington State), Holgorson (HC-former WVU/ current Houston), Dykes/Franklin (Cal), Neal Brown (WVU HC). Those guys are real innovators and win at the college level. Granted, Yeast did not coach for Mumme, but he played successfully for him and has shown the ability to take those concepts and win. He also has playing experience at the NFL level and Canadian League. I am sure he picked up a lot of good things over the years from all of his stops.

As OC at Franklin College, Yeast's offense was pretty potent to say the least. Last year, they averaged 225 running yards per game and 333 passing yards per game. That is pretty salty. In 2017, they averaged 564 yards per game in total offense and had 4478 passing yards. Some may say that is D-III, but there are some similarities between D-II and D-III.

At the high school level, he won. He took Bryan Station to the 2nd round of the playoffs. At Freemont Ross in Ohio, he went 7-3 and took them to the Ohio stats playoffs. He won and he produced whether it be an OC or a HS head coach. What would you want??? Kentucky Wesleyan hasn't had that to be quite frank. Bringing in a winner is what you want. You need someone with a fresh approach, a winning approach, has some quality experiences and brings in an exciting brand of football. They have a nice facility and are in a city with reasonable size. Alumni and fans should expect more out of their program. This should be an exciting hire. He returns two QBs from last year, 3 of their top 5 receivers and 2 of their top 3 rushers. He has some components in the toolbox to work with.

Other than the top two or three programs in the G-MAC, the rest are beatable to be truthful. It isn't like Lake Erie, ABU, Walsh aren't beatable. Yes, Frostburg State was good at D-III but they are making a transition. That is a winnable game for KWC among a few other OOC games.

Comment

Here are the current computer rankings for all GMAC teams, top 4 pretty competitive, huge gap after that.

http://www.compughterratings.com/D2/rankings

Comment

Originally posted by HeftyLefty View Post
                    Here are the current computer rankings for all GMAC teams, top 4 pretty competitive, huge gap after that.

http://www.compughterratings.com/D2/rankings
                    So KYW is 148 of 167, they play 160, 138, 115, 108, 98, #7 in NAIA. So I guess they could win some?

Comment

Comment

Hillsdale must replace key players, including quarterback and wide receiver. Last season Chance Stewart, a 6-foot, 6-inch, 265 pound signal caller had a record setting season, especially throwing to six-foot, three-inch wide receiver, and all-American Trey Brock who also had a record setting season. And the middle linebacker position must be filled. With that said, QB is the biggest question, although the Chargers have a slew of capable candidates. Hillsdale will miss Brock, but there are other receivers with size, experience and desire. The Chargers might be able to repeat as GMAC champs, but Findlay, ODU, possibly Tiffin, or even AB, could pose problems. And the season begins with Michigan Tech at Hillsdale. Not a GLIAC powerhouse, but Tech has always given Hillsdale tough games and eked out a win at home last year vs Hillsdale. I anticipate that the GMAC will be a little more competitive in 2019, and more so in 2020. Gotta play the games to discover who is in and who is out. Good luck to all.

Comment

For Hillsdale, one of the things that stands out is the longevity of the coaching staff. Head Coach Keith Otterbein begins his 18th year at the helm. OC Nate Sheffler 19 years. DC Craig Blanchard 19 years. D-line John Lindsey 13 years. Special Teams Coach Steve Otterbein 9th season. QB Coach Brad Otterbein 7th season. I wonder how many D2 schools have that kind of coaching experience. There must be a few.

Comment

Hillsdale Picked #1 in preseason poll:

https://greatmidwestsports.com/news/...-favorite.aspx

Hillsdale(6) 47 points
                            ODU. 40
                            Findlay(2) 37
                            Tiffin. 34
                            Walsh. 25
                            AB. 21
                            KWC. 12
                            Lake Erie. 8
                            Last edited by UFOILERFAN; 08-02-2019, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                              Hillsdale Picked #1 in preseason poll:

https://greatmidwestsports.com/news/...-favorite.aspx

Hillsdale(6) 47 points
                              ODU. 40
                              Findlay(2) 37
                              Tiffin. 34
                              Walsh. 25
                              AB. 21
                              KWC. 12
                              Lake Erie. 8
                              Are the other coaches aware that the KWC coach played in the NFL before voting them this low?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X