Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GMAC not in initial Regional Rankings...

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

If Tiffin wins they're 100% in. If Findlay wins, I think they'd have a greater than 50% shot.

(This is, of course, assuming they both win next week.)
    If Finlay wins vs Tiffin, then both will have 3 looses and this will be so much harder for either one of them to make the final regional rankings. There are just too many good teams out there so I hope that the GMAC will get at-least one team in and that is for Tiffin to win because this is the best scenario for this conference IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

If Finlay wins vs Tiffin, then both will have 3 looses and this will be so much harder for either one of them to make the final regional rankings. There are just too many good teams out there so I hope that the GMAC will get at-least one team in and that is for Tiffin to win because this is the best scenario for this conference IMO.
      I'm with you on this. I'd Tiffin wins out, they're 100% in. If Findlay wins out, I just don't know if they'll slide in, although maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

It is truly sad that with solid teams like TIFFIN and FINDLAY, the GMAC has one commentor from the NE10 and one from the PSAC discussing the leagues PO chances.
        Agreed!!! A conference with several strong-to-solid teams and little-to-no attention/representation from their fans on the Message Board. In hindsight, maybe the committee uses this lack of support to push in another PSAC team over the GMAC during the final selection. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post

Agreed!!! A conference with several strong-to-solid teams and little-to-no attention/representation from their fans on the Message Board. In hindsight, maybe the committee uses this lack of support to push in another PSAC team over the GMAC during the final selection. :-)
          The squeaky wheel is a very apt description of the PSAC !!!

Comment

Wow, the committee uses support on the D2 message board to determine who makes the playoffs??? Also, there is a reason why you don't see fans of some teams on this message board anymore. No, I will not go on about that because the damage has already been done.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

Wow, the committee uses support on the D2 message board to determine who makes the playoffs??? Also, there is a reason why you don't see fans of some teams on this message board anymore. No, I will not go on about that because the damage has already been done.
              About what ??

Comment

Yes because that is how playoff teams are chosen. You obviously know little to nothing about how the process works

Comment

Lot of cannabilization going on. Other confeeences have 1-2 good teams, 2 mwdiocre teams and 2-3 terrible teams. The gmac has more like 4-5 decent teams beating each other and a really terrible Walsh.. the OOC schedule was strong for this conference so I'm surprised that the gmac doesn't have anyone in. Tiffin should be included if they win out. Their 2 losses were by 3 point margins so teams with an above 500 record (I know pt value does not matter). But giving concrete. NUmbers . Odu should not be considered with 3 losses and same for findlay if they fall again. I'm surprised how much credit the NE10 is getting. Top to bottom the conference is not better than the GMAC.

Comment

Originally posted by HeftyLefty View Post

Yes because that is how playoff teams are chosen. You obviously know little to nothing about how the process works
                    There is a set of selection criteria that the Football Committee is supposed to use to select playoff participants and where they are seeded. Buuuuuttttt...The selection criteria section also includes the following:

"Additionally, input is provided by regional advisory committees for consideration by the football committee."

This says to me that the Regional Advisory Committee can provide any additional information they wish to provide...Including message board participation. Not saying I think they do, but they could if they chose to.

Comment

Critical for the conference to keep NDC and FSU very happy so they don't develop wandering eyes. GMAC and PSAC may both want to add teams especially if the PASSHE consolidation leads to 1-2 schools dropping FB.
                      According to NDC posters who say they are in the know, the GMAC has been persuing NDC since just about the day they jumped to the MEC. Fact that they haven't left says that they are very happy in the MEC.

We'll see about Frostburg but I note that the PSAC could have asked them to join at any time, including when they asked Shepherd to join. I would imagine that that would factor into any future decision that Frostburg might make.

Equally critical for the PSAC to keep Shepherd, Mercyhurst and Gannon happy. If the PSAC starts shedding teams due to PASSHE consolidations, these teams may develop a case of wondering eyes. They already have shown that they will jump ship if they perceive a better opportunity.

Starting this year, MEC has become a three team race...NDC, Frostburg and UC. I mean, NDC beat Frostburg, Frostburg beat UC and UC beat NDC. UNCP will be the wild card and attempt to force their way into the top 3. Everyone else will be stuck in "500 mode" with a successful season being 6-5.
                      Last edited by boatcapt; 11-01-2021, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                        According to NDC posters who say they are in the know, the GMAC has been persuing NDC since just about the day they jumped to the MEC. Fact that they haven't left says that they are very happy in the MEC.

We'll see about Frostburg but I note that the PSAC could have asked them to join at any time, including when they asked Shepherd to join. I would imagine that that would factor into any future decision that Frostburg might make.

Equally critical for the PSAC to keep Shepherd, Mercyhurst and Gannon happy. If the PSAC starts shedding teams due to PASSHE consolidations, these teams may develop a case of wondering eyes. They already have shown that they will jump ship if they perceive a better opportunity.

Starting this year, MEC has become a three team race...NDC, Frostburg and UC. I mean, NDC beat Frostburg, Frostburg beat UC and UC beat NDC. UNCP will be the wild card and attempt to force their way into the top 3. Everyone else will be stuck in "500 mode" with a successful season being 6-5.
                        "If the PSAC starts shredding teams due to PASSHE consolidations" they may become desperate and drop all pretense of not poaching by offering whatever they can to keep the non PASSHE schools and add as many as possible from MEC and GMAC. Which is all the more reason as mentioned in another thread that those two conferences at least explore the possibility of a mega OHIO/WV conference to hang on to what they have.

Comment

"If the PSAC starts shredding teams due to PASSHE consolidations" they may become desperate and drop all pretense of not poaching by offering whatever they can to keep the non PASSHE schools and add as many as possible from MEC and GMAC. Which is all the more reason as mentioned in another thread that those two conferences at least explore the possibility of a mega OHIO/WV conference to hang on to what they have.
                          And what pretense is that???? They have been poaching for a while now to fill the holes in their conference line-up.

Comment

And what pretense is that???? They have been poaching for a while now to fill the holes in their conference line-up.
                            I was trying, apparently unsuccessfully, to be wryly humorous....better luck next time.

Comment

I was trying, apparently unsuccessfully, to be wryly humorous....better luck next time.
                              Wry humor and sarcasm don't translate well to a messageboard without including some hahahaha's and/or a few LOL's!! Maybe a few winkie emojis too!!

Comment

Wry humor and sarcasm don't translate well to a messageboard without including some hahahaha's and/or a few LOL's!! Maybe a few winkie emojis too!!
                                Understood !!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X