Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GMAC not in initial Regional Rankings...

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

The MEC really isn't getting a ton of credit, all things considered. NDC is down at 5th, and Charleston is barely hanging on at 10th. The real conference that's getting too much credit is the NE-10, whose best OOC win is Bentley's big win against a middling West Chester. Stonehill has played two decent teams in New Haven and Bentley and lost to both, and yet they're ranked 9th. The love fest is bizarre.
    Interesting, the top 2 teams in the MEC, NDC and Charleston, are both in the initial regional ranking. Please give me one other team in the MEC that is better than Stonehill, which stands at 5-2, with both of their losses to 2 teams with combine records at 13-1. Do I think NE10 should have 3 teams in the rankings now? The answer is no. Do I think the MEC should have 3 teams in the rankings? The answer is definitely no. The MEC got ton of credit already with 2 teams in.
    Last edited by NewHaven Alum; 10-28-2021, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

And we are back to pre-pandemic discussions... I like it !!!
      Seriously, my suggestion that nobody asked for or wants is do whatever it takes to create a Super League ala the PSAC by merging with either GLIAC, MEC or GLVC. Why does D2 try to avoid what FBS decided was the best course several years ago. SR1 with a combined GMAC/MEC of 16-20 teams would almost certainly offset the clout of the PSAC and guarantee themselves 3 spots a year. These quaint historic conferences of 6-12 teams are inefficient and tend to screw each other come PO time. Just a thought.
      I've long advocated for a merger of the MEC and the GMAC...That would be the beast of SR1 in football and of the Atlantic Region in basketball. Could keep largely the same alignment in two divisions.

I agree that the concept of a "state" conference is quaint.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

Interesting, the top 2 teams in the MEC, NDC and Charleston, are both in the initial regional ranking. Please give me one other team in the MEC that is better than Stonehill, which stands at 5-2, with both of their losses to 2 teams with combine records at 13-1. Do I think NE10 should have 3 teams in the rankings now? The answer is no. Do I think the MEC should have 3 teams in the rankings? The answer is definitely no. The MEC got ton of credit already with 2 teams in.
        You completely misread what I'm saying. Neither Stonehill NOR a third MEC team should be in the rankings. One of Tiffin or ODU should.

Comment

The funny thing is Tiffin or ODU will probably get in at the end...and then win the region.

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
            Quite ridiculous.

The GMAC played solid OOC teams while the PSAC did not + IUP refuses to play Tiffin and gets rewarded.

Tiffin and ODU are legit top 25 teams and not listed in the regional top 10? Starting to think the voters are all from the PSAC.

NDC and Frostberg St hold on for dear life to beat Ashland and KWC in week 1, both are in the bottom middle of the GMAC and no one realizes how strong the GMAC is? The GMAC goes 2-1 against a powerful U-Indy team and no one notices?

Pretty pathetic of the uniformed voters.
            I can't speak for others, but Shepherd beat ODU at ODU in week 1. Shepherd let them hang around and it should have been at least a 2 score victory if not for constant miscues on special teams. I'm sure Shepherd would gladly play them again, and I'd be shocked if ODU won the region. Granted this is all from week 1 where teams were off for 2 years, so maybe they improved greatly.

The MEC is a terrible football conference, Shepherd was in it for years. NDC essentially replaced shepherd as the flagship bearer. It should always be a 1 bid league.

CALUPA69 had a good point, the reason the PSAC gets the larger share of playoff bids is they have so many teams. They have so many bad teams, and a good share of good ones. The good ones don't always play each other every year. In the GMAC they do play each other every year, which creates worse records. Is what it is. They should merge with another conference so they can do the same as the PSAC does. Eventually the PSAC may lose some of those crap programs and the good programs may have to play every year, and then they'd probably be in a similar predicament as the GMAC. Until then, this is what it is.

The NE10 is bad too, Bentley is going to lose in round 2 after their bye. If they get a 2nd team in, whoever plays that team in round one will thank their lucky stars for the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by unc4life View Post
              The funny thing is Tiffin or ODU will probably get in at the end...and then win the region.
              Yeah, probably is the key word.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                The MEC is a terrible football conference, Shepherd was in it for years. NDC essentially replaced shepherd as the flagship bearer. It should always be a 1 bid league.
                Once Frostburg State is playoff eligible, the MEC may become a two-headed monster.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post

Once Frostburg State is playoff eligible, the MEC may become a two-headed monster.
                  Critical for the conference to keep NDC and FSU very happy so they don't develop wandering eyes. GMAC and PSAC may both want to add teams especially if the PASSHE consolidation leads to 1-2 schools dropping FB.

Comment

With RR#7 IUP being upset today, any fans of the the DRAGONS or OILERS think their team deserves that spot ? Or will the NE10 lose STONEHILL'S spot at #9 ??

Comment

With RR#7 IUP being upset today, any fans of the the DRAGONS or OILERS think their team deserves that spot ? Or will the NE10 lose STONEHILL'S spot at #9 ??
                      Funny how people are trying to make NE10 to loose a team from the RR. Anyway, here is my opinion, the Dragons won a big game today vs the Panthers and even with Stonehill won but was hit hard with SOS, the Dragons should enter this week's RR at 8 or 9. Should Stonehill looses their spot at #9? Well, I don't think they should, but we will find out Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

Funny how people are trying to make NE10 to loose a team from the RR. Anyway, here is my opinion, the Dragons won a big game today vs the Panthers and even with Stonehill won but was hit hard with SOS, the Dragons should enter this week's RR at 8 or 9. Should Stonehill looses their spot at #9? Well, I don't think they should, but we will find out Monday or Tuesday.
                        It is truly sad that with solid teams like TIFFIN and FINDLAY, the GMAC has one commentor from the NE10 and one from the PSAC discussing the leagues PO chances.

Comment

It is truly sad that with solid teams like TIFFIN and FINDLAY, the GMAC has one commentor from the NE10 and one from the PSAC discussing the leagues PO chances.
                          Tiffin is solid after beating Ohio Dominican. As far as Findlay is concerned, I am not so sure they will get in with 3 losses. There are many other teams that also have 3 losses or less that should be ahead of Findlay. Ship, West Chester and even IUP to name a few.
                          Last edited by NewHaven Alum; 10-30-2021, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Tiffin is solid after beating Ohio Dominican. As far as Findlay is concerned, I am not so sure they will get in with 3 looses. There are many other teams that also have 3 looses or less that should be a ahead of Findlay. Ship, West Chester and even IUP to name a few.
                            And their game hosting TIFFIN on 11/13 could decide if the GMAC misses out.

Comment

And their game hosting TIFFIN on 11/13 could decide if the GMAC misses out.
                              If Tiffin looses this game, then there is a good chance that both will miss the final RR. The best chance for one of these teams is for Tiffin to win.

Comment

If Tiffin looses this game, then there is a good chance that both will miss the final RR. The best chance for one of these teams is for Tiffin to win.
                                If Tiffin wins they're 100% in. If Findlay wins, I think they'd have a greater than 50% shot.

(This is, of course, assuming they both win next week.)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X