Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky Wesleyan Head Coaching Job

1st time post, but wanted to jump right in. I am a huge football fan, but admittedly have been following mostly Division 1 and professional football most of my life. I recently discovered that the level of football at the D2/D3 level is just as competitive and exciting and am challenging myself this season to dive more into the depths of D2 ball.

With that being said I recently had discovered that the Kentucky Wesleyan job had come open. One of my favorite things to track is Coaching positions, as I like some of y'all I'm sure, have met and had a chance to talk with multiple coaches that are really great guys. Has anyone caught anything as to what they are planning to do at Kentucky Wesleyan? Promote from within, look outside the program etc.

I would imagine that there has to be some decent interest in a job located in this part of the country. I am going to ask around to some of my contacts & see if they're hearing anything also from the coaching side of things, but I wanted to introduce myself here & get y'alls opinion.

Originally posted by Footballislife View Post
    1st time post, but wanted to jump right in. I am a huge football fan, but admittedly have been following mostly Division 1 and professional football most of my life. I recently discovered that the level of football at the D2/D3 level is just as competitive and exciting and am challenging myself this season to dive more into the depths of D2 ball.

With that being said I recently had discovered that the Kentucky Wesleyan job had come open. One of my favorite things to track is Coaching positions, as I like some of y'all I'm sure, have met and had a chance to talk with multiple coaches that are really great guys. Has anyone caught anything as to what they are planning to do at Kentucky Wesleyan? Promote from within, look outside the program etc.

I would imagine that there has to be some decent interest in a job located in this part of the country. I am going to ask around to some of my contacts & see if they're hearing anything also from the coaching side of things, but I wanted to introduce myself here & get y'alls opinion.
    Basically KWU as a program is viewed as an afterthought in the GMAC which is really an Ohio conference with 3 outliers. Most coaching positions have been filled so there isn't a lot of high end talent available. Best hope is probably an old-timer working toward retirement or an OC/DC looking to move up. PANTHERS history doesn't really offer a lot for either. Time will tell.

Comment

Ya, KWC really should consider a move back to the GLVC. As for the new coach, I would imagine there would be an assistant somewhere near there that would move over. They hired Yeast from a D3 school in Indiana (Franklin), so I bet they do the same here. An interesting move could be Riley Murphy, recently let go at Lake Erie, but I doubt that significantly.

Comment

I wonder if KWC ever made a run at Bob Clayton when he had Heritage Hills humming for all of those years?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X