Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way too early predictions

I think you are undervaluing Lake Erie. I have heard good things about Coach Boldin, and I really think they may surprise some people. They have a very nice OOC schedule with three winable games (NMU on a long late season road trip to Painesville, McKendree, and Southwest Baptist). They can probably beat Walsh and KWC. If they steal one from Northwood or Hillsdale (like they did last year) I could see a 6 win team that finishes in the top half of the conference. For Lake Erie, that is a big big deal.

Comment

1. Ashland. Something tells me this is the year Ashland breaks through.
      2. Hillsdale. Best WR and maybe best LB in the league. If they can win the games they are suppose to they will be a contender.
      3. Findlay. Can't drop the defending champ lower than 3rd even with a new coach.
      4. ODU. Could be a surprise team. Should be in the mix at the end.
      5. Tiffin. Could actually be the most talented team. Just don't remember seeing them without the QB they had for what seems like the last 10 years.
      6. Walsh. Another interesting team and actually these top 6 teams are good enough to win the title. Does Walsh have the best returning defense?
      7. Lake Erie. Probably could of made another jump this year but let the coach go that led them to respectability. Big drop off after top 6 teams.
      8. KWC. Who knows. Program needs some discipline.
      9. Northwood. Should of just stayed in the GLIAC and saved some gas money.

Comment

As and Ashland fan I wouldn't put them as the preseason favorite. Ashland has some major weaknesses that I'm not sure they have addressed. There offense last year was terrible. Yes losing your veteran QB to injury is never easy to deal with mid season but the lack of development in the program is a serious problem. Mix with the fact that Coach Owens has been running a horrific offense for years now that he wont change doesn't help. It also still remains to be seen if Owen's with actually deploy a special teams unit this year or if he will continue to run his first team offense out there to cover punts. Nothing like watching your starting offensive line try to run down a punt returner. This is going to be a huge year for AU and Lee Owens coaching staff. They have all the resources in the world, great stadium, indoor facility, large donor group pumping money into the program. Its time to start developing talent and win games.

Comment

Best WR is NOT at Hillsdale !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman44 View Post
            Best WR is NOT at Hillsdale !!!

Comment

Lowe -Tiffin 1st team GMAC ,Brown-Lake Erie 1st Team GMAC, Wolf-Ohio Dominican- 3 time All American at WJ. Isaac had a Breakout season last yr for sure but I think its a stretch to say he is " Hands Down The Best WR in The GMAC"

Comment

Lowe -Tiffin 1st team GMAC ,Brown-Lake Erie 1st Team GMAC, Wolf-Ohio Dominican- 3 time All American at WJ. Isaac had a Breakout season last yr for sure but I think its a stretch to say he is " Hands Down The Best WR in The GMAC"

Comment

UR Right D3 Plyrs cant compete.LOL

Comment

UR Right D3 Plyrs cant compete.LOL
                    Well DIII players compared to DII players for the most part there is a HUGE difference. Now if you seen this kid play than say it and how good he is when you saw him but pulling stuff off stats and the internet without seeing someone play is just another guy reading the internet. By the way this DIII player who I am sure is good was not a 3 year all American. He was named all American by 3 different publications his freshman year but has not made all American since. Sounds like he had a great freshman year and leveled off with no all American honors his sophomore or junior seasons. Kid might turn out to be great but putting him in the elite WR is a huge stretch.

Comment

2022 GMAC Preseason Coaches Poll

Comment

I will beat the Lake Erie drum again. I think they will finish higher than that 8th place spot, maybe even up to the 4, 5 or 6 area. Returning good number of vets from a much improved team last year. They fell off down the stretch due to Murphy losing the locker room, and Coach Boldin seems to have a much better feel of the situation there. They beat Hillsdale last year (albeit on HC's 4th string QB i think), and took Ashland down to a missed extra point. Lake Erie is a team on the rise, especially if they can swing an upset over Hillsdale, ODU, or Northwood.

Comment

It's awesome to see teams so close at the top of the preseason poll. That parity is what makes the GMAC so fun to follow from a neutral perspective.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X