Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BestWebcasts

Which GMAC school has the best football webcasts? I've watched Hillsdale's webcasts and they do a really professional job. Some of the others are okay and some are not good at all, IMO.

I really enjoyed listening to Hillsdale's announcers Saturday. Probably the best in the GMAC and free.

Comment

AU partners with Bally Sports who also cover the Cavs, Indians and Blue Jackets so the production is always pretty top notch.

Comment

Ohio Dominican has a Top Notch Announcer and Video Production Team

Comment

A broadcast power ranking?? haha cool!

1. Ashland (hands down in my opinion) - the Bally connection is a very good thing for them and their commentators (I assume students) do a very good job
          2. Hillsdale - good job with replays and getting the big plays. Commentators are good.
          3. ODU - Their play by play team is the best in the league but the single camera hurts them. Feel like with a couple more cameras, they could take top spot.
          4. Findlay - Not a bad job, but often miss plays downfield and seem to struggle getting the right shots at the right time. Switching seems random. Multiple angles are nice though.

After this it really falls off I feel like. The rest are single-camera shoots with some shoddy play by play. Honestly, I enjoy KWCs team. You can tell they just enjoy calling games, even though they often talk over each other. Tiffin's play by play is decent by often just hammers how bad the officials are.

Real question: the conference network is managed by the league I assume. But it seems like the schools are pretty much on their own when it comes to production and there's a wide range of quality/graphics/etc. I know it's not the big ten network but some consistency would be nice

Comment

I've never experienced the Ashland webcast but I would imagine they are first class.

Comment

Watched a bit of Indy vs Missouri S&T. Announcers were pretty good. Camera work pretty good. Audio could use a little help. Overall, I'd give Indy's webcast a grade of B-. Saw Hillsdale & Ashland. Really good camera work, and I understand that the cameras are operated by students. Announcers good. Graphics good. They get an A. Hillsdale's coverage of Charger receiver Issac TeSlaa, who made four circus catches, was outstanding. TeSlaa is one of D2s national leaders and just went over 1,000 yards in receiving. I think I'll watch next Saturday's game from Hillsdale vs an out of conference game with the always tough Michigan Tech Huskies.
              Last edited by DaleDude; 10-31-2022, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Today I watched replays of Tiffin vs Northwood, and Walsh vs KWC. The webcasts for both schools was not great. Announcers for both games were decent and knew what they were talking about, but the camera work was weak, wobbly sometimes. Also watched an earlier game with Tiffin vs Ashland. Ashland's webcast has excellent camerawork. Sometimes there was a blank period between live action and commercials, but this might not be something they have problems with all the time. Announcers were a bit too chatty. Young guys, but they did project professionalism. I'd say Ashland's and Hillsdale's webcast are about the same in quality and content. Also watched an earlier game from ODU vs Walsh. Announcers really good, graphics could be a lot better, only one camera. Didn't see any replays or slo mo.
                Last edited by DaleDude; 10-31-2022, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Watched the ODU vs Hillsdale game. Camera work not good. No game or play clock in the graphics. No logos. Not a single ODU commercial. No replays. Play-by-play was top-notch, good. Color analyst was okay, I think he's still learning. Near half time the live voice and video were out of sync, which might be a problem with something besides ODU's production. All in all, I give ODU a C-. Without the good play-by-play, I would have given them a D-.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X