Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week10Picks

Walsh vs Findlay - The Oilers should not take the Cavaliers lightly now that the Cavs had experienced winning a game!
    Michigan Tech vs Hillsdale- The Huskies will find the Chargers finally hitting on all cylinders. Long, long bus ride back to the upper peninsula.
    ODU vs Northwood - The Wolves haven't had much success in the GMAC, but I don't expect that to change in this contest.
    Ashland vs LEC - Oooo, the Eagles are in a bad, bad mood and they will blow into LEC's home field like a November gale on the Great Lakes.
    Tiffin vs KWC - Dragons have been known to eat Panthers.
    My picks in bold, as usual.
    Week10Results:
    DaleDude - 4-1 -- 37-12
    BlueBlood - 4-1 -- 30-15
    EastStroud13 - 0 -- 28-7
    OilerNTNO7 - 4-1 -- 33-16
    GetOily - 0 -- 21-10
    Jayhawkdaddy - 0 -- 26-9

Guess some of our pickers have just stopped picking.
    Last edited by DaleDude; 11-07-2022, 10:40 AM.

Findlay
    Hillsdale
    ODU
    Ashland
    Tiffin

Comment

Walsh vs Findlay - Oilers hopefully can figure out their slow starts and not allow Walsh to get any momentum. Oilers get the W before looking forward to trying to ruin the Dragons season.

Michigan Tech vs Hillsdale - Big win for the Chargers last week. How will that impact this game? Tech is 0-4 on the road, but played Ferris to within 1 score a couple of weeks ago. Toss up of the week here, but I’ll say the Chargers will continue riding high.

ODU vs Northwood - Panthers cruise.

Ashland vs LEC - Eagles should be a refocused team, which does not bode well for Lake Erie.

Tiffin vs KWC - Big game looming next weekend. Will the Dragons look past the Panthers?

Comment

AU hangs on to beat LEC. 2 stops by LEC inside 5 yard line kept this one close but damn. I think Im looking forward to playing a team with a winning record in playoffs. We handle NDC and take care of ODU & Tiffin but lose to the Dale and a nail bitter against LEC.

Comment

Originally posted by RetiredAU View Post
          AU hangs on to beat LEC. 2 stops by LEC inside 5 yard line kept this one close but damn. I think Im looking forward to playing a team with a winning record in playoffs. We handle NDC and take care of ODU & Tiffin but lose to the Dale and a nail bitter against LEC.
          Is it possible that they rushed the QB back too soon?

Comment

Originally posted by OilerNTN07 View Post

Is it possible that they rushed the QB back too soon?
            Potentially but he gives us the best opportunity to win. Also hurts that our big threat RB Geo Washington is having trouble staying healthy. I'm just happy to be home next week for KWC.

Comment

Ashland needs to clean a few things up if they want to get to where they want to go here at the end of the season. The pass defense needs to get fixed and fixed fast. The first 6 games Ashland defense had no games with over 200 yards passing from the opponent. The last 3 have all be over 200, including 284 this week to Lake Erie. Something has to change. Ashland also has to do a better job of scoring points. The offense has been moving up and down the field, but they have left way to many points on the board. Either missed field goals, not being able to score in the redzone. Its great to be able to move the ball, but you have to score points.

Comment

Originally posted by unc4life View Post
                Ashland needs to clean a few things up if they want to get to where they want to go here at the end of the season. The pass defense needs to get fixed and fixed fast. The first 6 games Ashland defense had no games with over 200 yards passing from the opponent. The last 3 have all be over 200, including 284 this week to Lake Erie. Something has to change. Ashland also has to do a better job of scoring points. The offense has been moving up and down the field, but they have left way to many points on the board. Either missed field goals, not being able to score in the redzone. Its great to be able to move the ball, but you have to score points.
                Ashland will have more than the end of the season to fix everything... Look what region they're in. I just couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Ashland will have more than the end of the season to fix everything... Look what region they're in. I just couldn't resist.
                  GV has an enrollment of 25,000+, a football budget of almost $3,000,000, fully funded scholarships, the largest total athletic budget in D2, and consistently compete against schools with 1/10th or worse of the resources. They should never lose a game in any sport. I just couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by GetOily View Post

GV has an enrollment of 25,000+, a football budget of almost $3,000,000, fully funded scholarships, the largest total athletic budget in D2, and consistently compete against schools with 1/10th or worse of the resources. They should never lose a game in any sport. I just couldn't resist.
                    And a high academic rqmnt and performance for athletics... and your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

And a high academic rqmnt and performance for athletics... and your point?
                      High academic requirement lol The Harvard of Western Michigan is what they say! My point is you come in here and try to bash SR1 like we pick who is in it. So what's your point? You couldn't resist coming in and spreading that GV arrogance everyone loves so much? We get it. You've got Division 1 resources. You should be ungodly good. So go win a natty. Been since 2006 so with that budget, it's about time for another I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by GetOily View Post

High academic requirement lol The Harvard of Western Michigan is what they say! My point is you come in here and try to bash SR1 like we pick who is in it. So what's your point? You couldn't resist coming in and spreading that GV arrogance everyone loves so much? We get it. You've got Division 1 resources. You should be ungodly good. So go win a natty. Been since 2006 so with that budget, it's about time for another I'd say.
                        I didn't say that.. I pointed to ATHLETICS. My point is that Ashland has some easier games coming. If I'm wrong, feel free to explain. And yes, Ashland and Findlay kind of did choose to leave the GLIAC.

And jealousy is becoming of you. :-)

Comment

Jealous 😂😂

You're right they do have an easier stretch. But so what? Everyone in the country knows that so what's the point of coming in and demeaning every school in this chat? Been arguing for years Ashland needs to come because in SR1, again based on their football related resources against those they will have to play, they have a very good chance of making a deep playoff run every single year. And yes a bunch of schools left because why drive to the UP to play a 3-7 team when there are plenty of 3-7 teams much closer.

Enjoy the rest of your season. You're clearly the best team in the country this year and should win.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X