Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU vs IUP

So, Ashland is the last remaining non-PSAC team in SR1. I consider the GMAC and the PSAC the top two conferences in the region, so it checks out.

How are y'all feeling about this game? I think it should be a great one, early in the season I'd take Ashland by a couple TD's but IUP has really come on strong to close the season (save the loss to Gannon). However I think the bye week could disrupt IUP's rhythm just enough for Ashland to get a leg up.

Ashland is a good team and their record proves that. However, they do have *****s in their armor as evidenced by their loss to Hillsdale. Hillsdale can be scary good, or just the opposite. Next year, the Chargers return just about every skill position and the entire offensive line. The Hillsdale Ashland game in 2023, in Ashland, ought to be a really interesting contest. I think IUP is a decent team and they might just give the Ashland Eagles all they want and more, particularly if they check out the video from the Hillsdale game.

Comment

No idea on predictions, but at this point ball security and win the los on both sides and you should have a good chance to get the W. Good luck Eagles!

Comment

As an Ashland alum, I don’t agree with the Hilladale poster. The AU/Hillsdale game has zero to do with what will take place Saturday. Not taking anything away from Hillsdale, but the Eagles sleep walked through that game. They overlooked the Chargers and they paid for it. AU will be 100% dialed in for IUP.

I think IUP is the more talented team. AU’s offense is not going to blow anyone away. The passing game is probably below average for a playoff team. But the Eagles have a good OLine and they have two good backs. IUP has two of their top skilled players injured, and no one knows if they will play. This should be a one score game. Go Eagles!

Comment

Defense did their job today. After IUP's first 2 scores on back to back drives, the offense did not score again. AU getting stopped on the 1 yard line and then the blocked punt for TD was the difference. Shoot, eliminate one of those, if AU scores or doesnt get punt blocked, the game goes in AU's favor. IUP did a great job of keeping AUs offense off track all day. Goodluck next week against Shepard and see you week 1 next year. Congrats to Coach Owens and the Eagles on a great year. AU Alumni are proud!!

Comment

Proud of our team but extremely frustrated. After a bad start this was a winnable game. You get to the 1 yard line you have to punch it in. And the blocked punt was a killer. Funny how AU doesn’t have issues with their unusual punt formation in the regular season, but this is the second blocked punt in the playoffs in recent memory

Comment

That blocked punt for a Td was a back breaker. Definitely a great season, looking forward to see who steps up next season. Lets Go Eagles!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X