Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillsdale AD Search

Hillsdale athletics director Don Brubacher will be retiring at the end of the school year.

This will be an interesting search primarily due to the political environment where we find ourselves and Hillsdale's desire to be on the frontlines of the culture wars. That alone will greatly funnel the field to candidates willing to work in that environment. Add in Hillsdale's stringent academic requirements where the president has demanded that teams have an average incoming ACT score of 30 and you have one of the most unique departments in D2.

Hillsdale is using the search firm CarterBaldwin who recently was trying to find Liberty's new president. We will see how it goes.

Best of luck to Hillsdale in their search. Question: What does "desire to be on the front lines of the culture wars" mean any more?

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
      Best of luck to Hillsdale in their search. Question: What does "desire to be on the front lines of the culture wars" mean any more?
      Well...over Christmas vacation I got fundraiser dinner invites to the "Birth of Spirituality" and another about how being "woke" is a corporate cash grab. Both sound like a barrel of monkeys. This summer President Arrn was filmed at a dinner with the Tennessee governor promoting Hillsdale's charter school initiative. He said public school teachers come from the dumbest parts of the dumbest schools. Hillsdale's general counsel was just named in the January 6 Report as being a key planner in trying to create a secondary slate of Michigan electors and pressured the Speaker of the Michigan House to accept them. His big idea was to have the electors sneak into and hide in the Michigan capitol overnight on Dec. 13 so they'd be there on the 14th.

Regardless of anyone's personal opinions on any of this, right, wrong, or indifferent, this is where they've dug in their boots and that is the environment where the new AD will have to operate and also attract coaching and administrative talent.

Comment

I keep saying that nothing can surprise me anymore but...

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post

Well...over Christmas vacation I got fundraiser dinner invites to the "Birth of Spirituality" and another about how being "woke" is a corporate cash grab. Both sound like a barrel of monkeys. This summer President Arrn was filmed at a dinner with the Tennessee governor promoting Hillsdale's charter school initiative. He said public school teachers come from the dumbest parts of the dumbest schools. Hillsdale's general counsel was just named in the January 6 Report as being a key planner in trying to create a secondary slate of Michigan electors and pressured the Speaker of the Michigan House to accept them. His big idea was to have the electors sneak into and hide in the Michigan capitol overnight on Dec. 13 so they'd be there on the 14th.

Regardless of anyone's personal opinions on any of this, right, wrong, or indifferent, this is where they've dug in their boots and that is the environment where the new AD will have to operate and also attract coaching and administrative talent.
          Well maybe Hillsdale should set up a branch in Ottawa County now...LOL...its getting interesting out there...as far as the teacher comment...well...you and I both take the same stand on that all day long and twice on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

Well maybe Hillsdale should set up a branch in Ottawa County now...LOL...its getting interesting out there...as far as the teacher comment...well...you and I both take the same stand on that all day long and twice on Sunday.
            That was a huge slap in the face this summer. So disappointing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X