Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frostburg v. Notre Dame...Who Wins?

Frostburg continued their march toward the D3 playoffs with a 61-7 drumming of Southern Virginia. The 7-0 Bobcats are averaging over 40 points per game while giving up 11 PPG. This is a senior heavy squad with an experienced and productive QB, and top 2 productive senior RB's.

So, in a neutral site Head-to-Head contest THIS year, who wins Frostburg or Notre Dame??

Re: Frostburg v. Notre Dame...Who Wins?

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Frostburg continued their march toward the D3 playoffs with a 61-7 drumming of Southern Virginia. The 7-0 Bobcats are averaging over 40 points per game while giving up 11 PPG. This is a senior heavy squad with an experienced and productive QB, and top 2 productive senior RB's.

So, in a neutral site Head-to-Head contest THIS year, who wins Frostburg or Notre Dame??

ND ... and it's not close.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      ND ... and it's not close.
      Frostburg will end up a good replacement program for Shepherd in due time, but ND would win by 30+.

Comment

Mt Union is one of the few D3's that would give ND a run for their money.

Comment

Considering NDC's MEC record, you better hope its NDC.

Comment

Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
            Considering NDC's MEC record, you better hope its NDC.
            Talking about this year. Next year Frostburg's offense will see a new QB, two new RB's, a new WR, starting TE and 3 new OL. On defense they will fare much better losing only a LB and DB.

Comment

Talking about this year. Next year Frostburg's offense will see a new QB, two new RB's, a new WR, starting TE and 3 new OL. On defense they will fare much better losing only a LB and DB.
              So they might stink? Excuses already for your Shep replacement?

Comment

I was talking about this year also. If you are suggesting that a good D3 might be better than the MEC champ, a champion that went undefeated in the conference ----> then you are basically suggesting that our entire conference is D3 quality or worse. That's why I said you better hope the answer is NDC.

Comment

I was talking about this year also. If you are suggesting that a good D3 might be better than the MEC champ, a champion that went undefeated in the conference ----> then you are basically suggesting that our entire conference is D3 quality or worse. That's why I said you better hope the answer is NDC.
                  Didn't say that, I asked how people thought they would do this year. They are a top five D3 program this year with an experienced and highly effective offense. While they got stomped by Mount Union last year, they did put up 37 points against them which was the most they had given up to that point in the season (they had held their opponents to single digits 7 times in 12 previous contests).

Next year when Frostburg actually joins the MEC, it will be a different story...hence the question. Don't know who will replace the starters on offense. They could be better but that is not often the case.

Comment

Didn't say that, I asked how people thought they would do this year. They are a top five D3 program this year with an experienced and highly effective offense. While they got stomped by Mount Union last year, they did put up 37 points against them which was the most they had given up to that point in the season (they had held their opponents to single digits 7 times in 12 previous contests).

Next year when Frostburg actually joins the MEC, it will be a different story...hence the question. Don't know who will replace the starters on offense. They could be better but that is not often the case.
                    However the question is worded, I still think the MEC needs/wants the answer to be NDC. Its not a good look for the conference if the answer is D3 Frostburg.

Comment

However the question is worded, I still think the MEC needs/wants the answer to be NDC. Its not a good look for the conference if the answer is D3 Frostburg.
                      I personally think the answer is NDC also but I think it might be closer than people think. Same as if Frostburg played Slippery Rock or the NE10 or GMAC champ.

It will be interesting to see how Frostburg progresses. Were they a D3 team that just lucked into getting a bunch of good players all at once and became really good or are they a structurally sound program that will be able to make the transition to winning at the DII level rather quickly? I think it is the latter but only time will tell...They will be on the clock next year!

Comment

It's NDC, and it isn't even close.

Comment

So who wins this year between Frostburg and Shepherd? How about UVa-Wise and Shepherd?

Comment

Shepherd 52 Frostburg 10

Comment

frostburg 17 West lib 6

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X