Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC-Ya Later Bowl

With neither team having a shot at the playoffs and both leaving the conference, I'm heading up to watch the ABC-YA LATER BOWL GAME between UVA-Wise and Shepherd.
    Going to miss all the great MEC competition and rivalries

Not a huge fan of the move to the PSAC -- Not sure if it would be possible because of scheduling, but I had mentioned to the Shepherd AD that it would be great if somehow/someway, Shepherd could play their homecoming game(s) against a MEC team each year - at least we'd get one win a year :)

Re: ABC-Ya Later Bowl

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post
    With neither team having a shot at the playoffs and both leaving the conference, I'm heading up to watch the ABC-YA LATER BOWL GAME between UVA-Wise and Shepherd.
    Going to miss all the great MEC competition and rivalries

Not a huge fan of the move to the PSAC -- Not sure if it would be possible because of scheduling, but I had mentioned to the Shepherd AD that it would be great if somehow/someway, Shepherd could play their homecoming game(s) against a MEC team each year - at least we'd get one win a year :)
    Have similar feelings about leaving the long time WV school rivalries in ALL the sports.

The one good thing about the move to Psac is the renewing of Shep/Ship Classic.

As far as having an easy HC, both the Falcons teams this year sure shows you that very well might not happen, besides what MEC team is going to want to schedule a team that has left the conference. :curse:

Comment

Originally posted by Clydes 'N Rams View Post
      Have similar feelings about leaving the long time WV school rivalries in ALL the sports.

The one good thing about the move to Psac is the renewing of Shep/Ship Classic.

As far as having an easy HC, both the Falcons teams this year sure shows you that very well might not happen, besides what MEC team is going to want to schedule a team that has left the conference. :curse:
      With the MEC moving to 12 teams, that won't be possible unless other teams are added. But Shepherd doesn't play OOC now...why would they start in the PSAC??

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
        With the MEC moving to 12 teams, that won't be possible unless other teams are added. But Shepherd doesn't play OOC now...why would they start in the PSAC??
        Will likely be quite some time before Shepherd shows up on an MEC team's schedule in any sport. The bridges are still smoking...

Comment

Originally posted by timbertopper View Post
          Will likely be quite some time before Shepherd shows up on an MEC team's schedule in any sport. The bridges are still smoking...
          Maybe they could play D&E?? The team no one wants!!

Comment

Good to see D2 schools drumming up the corporate sponsorships

Comment

With 4:45 left in the 3rd Quarter, UVa-Wise leads Shepherd 14-10.

Comment

4:28 left in the game | UVA-Wise leads Shepherd 21-10

Comment

1:38 left in the game | UVA-Wise leads Shepherd 21-16

Comment

UVA-Wise pulls off the upset 21-16.

Thanks you all for the past several years in the MEC! I'm gonna miss it, but I'm excited for next year in the SAC and good luck to Shepherd for their move to the PSAC next year.
                    Last edited by cavsfan94; 11-10-2018, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Great win for Wise. Way to leave with a Mic drop!!

How did the "Freshman phenom" do today?
                      Last edited by boatcapt; 11-10-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Great win for Wise. Way to leave with a Mic drop!!

How did the "Freshman phenom" do today?
                        I find it inappropriate for a perennial loser to question his superiors, you are to do as your told and crawl back into your dark hole....it was nice dominating your pathetic arse...

Comment

Originally posted by RamPride View Post
                          I find it inappropriate for a perennial loser to question his superiors, you are to do as your told and crawl back into your dark hole....it was nice dominating your pathetic arse...
                          Hahaha...You so funny! Now get back to cleaning and stacking sholderpads and get off the MEC forum!!!

Comment

Hahaha...You so funny! Now get back to cleaning and stacking sholderpads and get off the MEC forum!!!
                            There isn't a MEC forum anymore let alone a conference.....cant wait to see your posts as you follow your love affair with Shepherd next year, we know you cant help it sweetheart. I cant really blame you as who would want to follow that fully funded run in place program you have..

Comment

After Shepherd decided to leave, think I initiated maybe two comments about Shepherd (One was hoping Sheep finished 0-10 after their opening game defeat at the hands of NDC and I think one was the week leading up to the WLU v Sheep game). I did respond to several Sheep posters who made a comment to me or who asked me a question. CORRECTION: I did post that if Sheep is looking for OOC games with MEC teams, they could find some v D&E...guess that's THREE comments!

I am happy that Sheep football is going out as the #3 team in the MEC and that they closed their participation in the MEC with a home loss to another program leaving the MEC.

Meanwhile, Shepherd replacement Frostburg finished their last D3 season undefeated and will be starting their playoff run Saturday with a home game at Bobcat Stadium.

I wish we could have bantered back and forth during basketball season but Shepherd doesn't really have a basketball program sooooo, guess not. In my mind, Sheep has already left the building.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X