Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was at the game, Frostburg is very well coached, very fast team. They definitely will win quite a few games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJacket View Post
      Was at the game, Frostburg is very well coached, very fast team. They definitely will win quite a few games this year.
      What are you projecting as their win total? I still am sticking to 3 or 4 games.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

You can tell Frostburg is well coached. They are going to surprise some people this season. State has a big OL and that was the difference in the second half and ultimately the game. I may have to accelerate my prediction on when Frostburg will be ready to compete for the MEC crown.
        I would hold the horses on the crown until 3 years down the line where it actually matters for us. It was a hard fought game and i was extremely pleased with how the offense played versus how they looked while practicing. There's a lot of guys that never played a college game until last night, but it's a step in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

What are you projecting as their win total? I still am sticking to 3 or 4 games.
          I'm still projecting 5-6 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

I would hold the horses on the crown until 3 years down the line where it actually matters for us. It was a hard fought game and i was extremely pleased with how the offense played versus how they looked while practicing. There's a lot of guys that never played a college game until last night, but it's a step in the right direction.
            Didn't I hear that the MEC allow teams during the probation period to be eligible to win the conference title, even though they are not eligible to play in the NCAA playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

I'm still projecting 5-6 wins.
              They win 6 games and Coach Fitz may win conference coach of the year.

Comment

Didn't I hear that the MEC allow teams during the probation period to be eligible to win the conference title, even though they are not eligible to play in the NCAA playoffs?
                Its possible but whats the point of a conference championship if you cant compete for the ship! In all reality it will take 3 years anyways to get the type of players we'll need to succeed.

Comment

They win 6 games and Coach Fitz may win conference coach of the year.
                  Put him down for it!

Comment

Could see 4-5, long as they have good depth.

Comment

I heard the same thing. Don't know if that is true or maybe we misunderstood. But in football conference championships don't matter as there is no automatic playoff qualifications...All playoff slots are at-large.

But we are getting a little ahead of ourselves. While Frostburg will challenge for a conf title sooner than I thought they would, I still think it will be year 3 at the earliest before that happens. They opened some eyes last night but I think they still have some ground to cover before they are ready for the championship/playoffs!

Comment

We have to see how Frostburg plays away from Bobcat Stadium also.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X