Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After reviewing the film. Notre Dame was who we thought they were! I still stand that the Mount team we played in the playoffs 3 years ago was better then this ND team we played this past saturday. With that being said I knew ND was going to be a tough loss and seeing how the OC was very predictable, especially on first downs, A team the caliber of ND was sure to pick it up. I will say this: i'm impressed with the RB from ND, not so much with the rest of the team, talent wise they are not far and away better than any other team. I will say this, we are a lot closer than i thought to winning the conference. Year 2 will be a step down for us, but year 3 we will win this conference! looking forward to playing ND next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
      After reviewing the film. Notre Dame was who we thought they were! I still stand that the Mount team we played in the playoffs 3 years ago was better then this ND team we played this past saturday. With that being said I knew ND was going to be a tough loss and seeing how the OC was very predictable, especially on first downs, A team the caliber of ND was sure to pick it up. I will say this: i'm impressed with the RB from ND, not so much with the rest of the team, talent wise they are not far and away better than any other team. I will say this, we are a lot closer than i thought to winning the conference. Year 2 will be a step down for us, but year 3 we will win this conference! looking forward to playing ND next year.
      OKAAAAY ??!!

Comment

• You're funny! Guess you're forgetting about the 5 sacks by NDC defense. Also your running back was averaging 106 yards per game, and you were rushing for 152 yards as a team. We held you to 85 yards rushing while your defense gave up 347 yards rushing. Kind of seems like we have a lot more talent than you thought. The one thing you are right about is that Jaleel is amazing!

Comment

After reviewing the film. Notre Dame was who we thought they were! I still stand that the Mount team we played in the playoffs 3 years ago was better then this ND team we played this past saturday. With that being said I knew ND was going to be a tough loss and seeing how the OC was very predictable, especially on first downs, A team the caliber of ND was sure to pick it up. I will say this: i'm impressed with the RB from ND, not so much with the rest of the team, talent wise they are not far and away better than any other team. I will say this, we are a lot closer than i thought to winning the conference. Year 2 will be a step down for us, but year 3 we will win this conference! looking forward to playing ND next year.
          So you are saying the Mount Union team that Frostburg State were able to score 37 points on the road against is better than the this Notre Dame College team that Frostburg were able to put only 13 points while at home? Come on my man, you have to give Notre Dame a little more credit than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

So you are saying the Mount Union team that Frostburg State were able to score 37 points on the road against is better than the this Notre Dame College team that Frostburg were able to put only 13 points while at home? Come on my man, you have to give Notre Dame a little more credit than that.
            Yes by far, that MU team put up 72 points our our best defensive team in the last 5 years (including this year) they made our NFL defensive tackle look like just a guy. As well as this offense is nowhere near as good as the team we put up during that season. Notre Dame is good, that RB is special but as a team, Mount would beat Notre Dame. Mount would beat most D2 schools, they should not be a D3 school but them being a private school they can take advantage of the d3 rules to be a powerhouse.

Comment

Yes by far, that MU team put up 72 points our our best defensive team in the last 5 years (including this year) they made our NFL defensive tackle look like just a guy. As well as this offense is nowhere near as good as the team we put up during that season. Notre Dame is good, that RB is special but as a team, Mount would beat Notre Dame. Mount would beat most D2 schools, they should not be a D3 school but them being a private school they can take advantage of the d3 rules to be a powerhouse.
              I don't disagree that MU would beat quite a few D2 schools. But your still too salty over catching that L...

50% of D2 schools are D3 schools masquerading as D2 schools. Off the top of my head Millersville, Lock Haven, Lincoln, Wheeling, Concord, WVW, etc. 80% of the NE10 schools as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I don't disagree that MU would beat quite a few D2 schools. But your still too salty over catching that L...

50% of D2 schools are D3 schools masquerading as D2 schools. Off the top of my head Millersville, Lock Haven, Lincoln, Wheeling, Concord, WVW, etc. 80% of the NE10 schools as well.
                Solid post. I agree. Mont Union will struggle against the true D-2 Powerhouses, just like those FCS schools that hide as D-1AA will struggle with the top D-2 programs.

Comment

• Kellar has Glenville rolling already. Huge win today. If he's still there in a couple years .... Look out.

Of course I think he'll get poached.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    Kellar has Glenville rolling already. Huge win today. If he's still there in a couple years .... Look out.

Of course I think he'll get poached.
                    I think Glenville caught Notre Dame looking at their last game, and not Glenville. However, that was a big win for the program.

Will he get poached or will he just look elsewhere on his own?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I think Glenville caught Notre Dame looking at their last game, and not Glenville. However, that was a big win for the program.

Will he get poached or will he just look elsewhere on his own?

Comment

• And that's why I am giving them a pass. They just better win this game this weekend to win the conference.

Comment

• Think it's safe to say nobody expected Frostburg to win 8 games their very first season in D2. Even though it ended with a loss, the Bobcats had a damn good season. Look forward to following them in the offeseason.

SN: Besides Towson and Morgan State, I wonder which FCS schools will be transfer feeders to Frostburg

Comment

• Oh yeah I had them at 6 wins. Frustrating loss today but these games happen. Right now we got some connections with Robert Morris and Delaware.

Comment

Oh yeah I had them at 6 wins. Frustrating loss today but these games happen. Right now we got some connections with Robert Morris and Delaware.
                              May I ask what connections Frostburg has with those schools?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
                                Think it's safe to say nobody expected Frostburg to win 8 games their very first season in D2. Even though it ended with a loss, the Bobcats had a damn good season. Look forward to following them in the offeseason.

SN: Besides Towson and Morgan State, I wonder which FCS schools will be transfer feeders to Frostburg
                                The season finale kind of stung. I thought having an opportunity to finished in 2nd place all by themselves was motivating enough. But as you stated, they had a very good first season as a D-II school.

Please remember, in order to drive to Frostburg from those school, you practically drive past Shepherd. They still can compete for the playoffs, as they have a shot in making it this year. Frostburg still have to deal with them, and of course Bowie State. But I do expect Frostburg to start picking up some FBS/FCS transfers.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X