Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR1 Top 10

As we are roughly at the mid point on the season, here's my SR1 Top 10. Note that the records exclude results vs D1, D3 and NAIA teams:
    1. NDC (7-0)
    2. Kutz (7-0)
    3. SRU (7-0)
    4. Tiffin (6-1)
    5. IUP (6-1)
    6. Frostburg (6-1)
    7. WCU (6-1)
    8. WVS (5-1)
    9. Findlay (5-2)
    10. Urbana (5-2)
    Interesting side discussion...Does the result of games v. Frostburg "count" this year? If they DON'T count, it would drastically change the Top 10 as the MEC would have one additional one loss team (Urbana at 5-1), two additional two loss teams (WLU at 4-2 and UC at 3-2) and WVS would fall from 5-1 to 4-1.

Since this is your SR1 top 10, you can decide if games against Frostburg count or not.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
      As we are roughly at the mid point on the season, here's my SR1 Top 10. Note that the records exclude results vs D1, D3 and NAIA teams:
      1. NDC (7-0)
      2. Kutz (7-0)
      3. SRU (7-0)
      4. Tiffin (6-1)
      5. IUP (6-1)
      6. Frostburg (6-1)
      7. WCU (6-1)
      8. WVS (5-1)
      9. Findlay (5-2)
      10. Urbana (5-2)
      Interesting side discussion...Does the result of games v. Frostburg "count" this year? If they DON'T count, it would drastically change the Top 10 as the MEC would have one additional one loss team (Urbana at 5-1), two additional two loss teams (WLU at 4-2 and UC at 3-2) and WVS would fall from 5-1 to 4-1.
      Yes, games against Frostburg State count. (Source)

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Yes, games against Frostburg State count. (Source)
        Thanks! I know this was talked about a few years ago but I couldn't remember what the NCAA said on the subject.

Comment

1. NDC (7-0)
          2. Kutz (7-0)
          3. SRU (7-0)
          4. Tiffin (6-1)
          5. IUP (6-1)
          6. Frostburg (6-1)
          7. WCU (6-1)
          8. WVS (5-1)
          9. Findlay (5-2)
          10. Urbana (5-2)
          Boatcapt - you like Kutztown "resume" better than Slippery Rock?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

That's why I figured it was his rankings and had little to do with the NCAA criteria. Kutztown has the best SOS among 0 or 1 loss teams. Tiffin's and Findlay's are dreadful.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

The decision point between Kutz and SRU was that Kutz has beat 4 +500 teams so far and SRU has beat 2 +500 teams thus far. Also the agrigate W/L of Kutz opponents is 25-24 while SRU's is 20-25.

Thats what gave the nod, right now, to Kutz.

Comment

The decision point between Kutz and SRU was that Kutz has beat 4 +500 teams so far and SRU has beat 2 +500 teams thus far. Also the agrigate W/L of Kutz opponents is 25-24 while SRU's is 20-25.

That list isn't going to age well.

If you're going to discuss opponents records I'd assume you forgot to mention ND's ... which is a horrendous 16-33.

There's also no chance Shepherd isn't in the Top 10 in the actual Regional Rankings next week.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That list isn't going to age well.

If you're going to discuss opponents records I'd assume you forgot to mention ND's ... which is a horrendous 16-33.

There's also no chance Shepherd isn't in the Top 10 in the actual Regional Rankings next week.
                  As I said, the decision point between Kutz and SRU's relative rankings was the # of +500 teams they had beaten. Didn't say that was the ONLY factor I used. As with other polls, I take a wide variety of factors into consideration including but not limited to the two I sited.

As for my poll "aging well," it will probably age as well as others...which is to say not particularly well...That's kind of why mine and others change almost every week.

Comment

As I said, the decision point between Kutz and SRU's relative rankings was the # of +500 teams they had beaten. Didn't say that was the ONLY factor I used. As with other polls, I take a wide variety of factors into consideration including but not limited to the two I sited.

As for my poll "aging well," it will probably age as well as others...which is to say not particularly well...That's kind of why mine and others change almost every week.
                    The Regional Rankings, unlike national polls, are subjective and based on metrics from this year only. SRU and Kutz will both grade out higher than ND as of right now. Taking opinion out of the equation, Kutztown will likely be ahead of SRU in the math. Kutztown is 7-0 with road wins at Shepherd and Cal.

Shepherd and California will both be in the Top 10 in the first release. Cal has two close losses but both to top ranked SR1 teams (IUP and Kutztown).

With ND's poor SOS, they better win Saturday. A loss could drop them to No. 6 in the metrics.

Getting back to the opinion side of things ... Shepherd is almost a lock to win out. Same with IUP.

Findlay still has ND, Ashland and Tiffin. It would be shocking to sweep those three.

Kutztown still has a game at West Chester and the State Game (virtual lock against SRU).

ND has Findlay, WV State and Frostburg. So, their SOS boost is coming.

Rock hosts Cal next week. A Cal loss will end its season. But, that's no lock.

Lot left to happen ...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The Regional Rankings, unlike national polls, are subjective and based on metrics from this year only. SRU and Kutz will both grade out higher than ND as of right now. Taking opinion out of the equation, Kutztown will likely be ahead of SRU in the math. Kutztown is 7-0 with road wins at Shepherd and Cal.

Shepherd and California will both be in the Top 10 in the first release. Cal has two close losses but both to top ranked SR1 teams (IUP and Kutztown).

With ND's poor SOS, they better win Saturday. A loss could drop them to No. 6 in the metrics.

Getting back to the opinion side of things ... Shepherd is almost a lock to win out. Same with IUP.

Findlay still has ND, Ashland and Tiffin. It would be shocking to sweep those three.

Kutztown still has a game at West Chester and the State Game (virtual lock against SRU).

ND has Findlay, WV State and Frostburg. So, their SOS boost is coming.

Rock hosts Cal next week. A Cal loss will end its season. But, that's no lock.

Lot left to happen ...
                      Oh I completely agree...The NCAA RR's and playoff selections ARE subjective...The NCAA just refuses to admit it. Most people in favor of them say they are totally objective and completely absent of any bias.

I disagree that national polls like AFCA and D2Football are the opposite of subjective (which would make them objective), I note that they rank NDC ahead of both Kutz and SRU.

Comment

Top 10 in SR1 based solely on SOS:

1. Ohio Dom
                        2. Walsh
                        3. Edinboro
                        4. Findlay
                        5. Hillsdale
                        6. Shipp
                        7. Shep
                        8. SRU
                        9. Cal
                        10. Seton hill

Comment

Top 10 in SR1 based solely on SOS:

1. Ohio Dom
                          2. Walsh
                          3. Edinboro
                          4. Findlay
                          5. Hillsdale
                          6. Shipp
                          7. Shep
                          8. SRU
                          9. Cal
                          10. Seton hill
                          Surely you have data to come up with this order. Why not just include it so we can all learn

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Surely you have data to come up with this order. Why not just include it so we can all learn
                            www.masseyratings.com

Comment

Thanks Boatcapt for the clarification. I have no issues with your Top 10.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X