Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Thanks for the full disclosure on your rating. Pure Massey order when it comes to SOS, but since Massey's ratings had three PSAC teams at the top and the highest MEC team was #7, some special sauce had to be added to get the desired results. And as everyone knows, nothing to do with the NCAA criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Thanks for the full disclosure on your rating. Pure Massey order when it comes to SOS, but since Massey's ratings had three PSAC teams at the top and the highest MEC team was #7, some special sauce had to be added to get the desired results. And as everyone knows, nothing to do with the NCAA criteria.
      SOS was just one of the criteria I used. The question asked was why I ranked Kutz ahead of SRU. In that case the deciding point was SOS. It was a close call among all three of the undefeated SR1 teams.

Like the NCAA, I have a number of criteria that I base my subjective rankings on but unlike the NCAA, I don't try to pretend that my rankings are totally objective.
      Last edited by boatcapt; 10-24-2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Comment

Findlay will get a huge SOS boost in the coming weeks but they have to win out. Three losses isn't going to get them in to the playoffs. They have a tall task ahead of them with ND and Ashland.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

SOS was just one of the criteria I used. The question asked was why I ranked Kutz ahead of SRU. In that case the deciding point was SOS. It was a close call among all three of the undefeated SR1 teams.

Like the NCAA, I have a number of criteria that I base my subjective rankings on but unlike the NCAA, I don't try to pretend that my rankings are totally objective.
              Earlier you said "The NCAA just refuses to admit it". Where/when has the NCAA ever said/alluded that their rankings are objective?

Comment

True...But Findlay only has one loss. If they lose again and Tiffin wins, the SOS difference might be enough for them to be overtaken.

Beyond the 10 I ranked this week, here are the remaining two loss teams in SR1:

Assumption 5-2
                Shep 5-2
                Cal 5-2

Ohio Dominical 4-2
                E Stroud 4-2
                Pace 4-2
                Stoneybrook 4-2

Comment

Too many games left to predict for sure..

Comment

Nothing will change it but I can't stand that in FCS, D2 and D3 football, excellent teams with two loses are sweating it to see if they are going to make their playoffs and FBS teams are content to finish 6-5 in order to qualify for a bowl. And commentators still don't understand why combine/draftable players are skipping these games. If I knew any player with pro potential, I would absolutely tell him to save his body at least until he can sign that rookie contract.
                    In line with the California Play for Pay law, any declared player that wants to play in these meaningless games should get a multi-,million $$$ insurance policy against catastrophic injury for the practice and game time involved. Paid for by the bowl sponsor.
                    Last edited by CALUPA69; 10-26-2019, 09:00 AM.

Comment

So why was Notre Dame ahead of Kutztown?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X