Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does West Liberty survive Black Monday?

Time for a change?????

BoatCapt has been lobbying for this for the past couple of years. But, for some reason WL stays with the status quo. Maybe with Frostburg St having a very successful season during their 1st year as a D-II school forces their hands. But we shall see....

Comment

Ive been lobbying, but obviously no one is listening. I predict no meaningful changes. Maybe we get a new position coach, buts that's it.

Comment

We had Keller for one recruting season and things changed quite a bit. We were much more aggressive in our offers and steped up in a major way in the use of social media to identify, track and market to potential prospects. While Kellar wasnt here for the actual season, the W/L record showed pretty major improvement.

Baring some sort if miracle, we are not going to see a coaching change, so the question is can the WLU staff continue to use the lessons they learned last yeas on how to recruit or do they fall back to their old ways??

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
          Ive been lobbying, but obviously no one is listening. I predict no meaningful changes. Maybe we get a new position coach, buts that's it.
          There you go again thinking your posts impact the football program, your delusional, I think the coaching staff is doing a fine job...

Comment

Never said my posts impacted anything. Quite the contrary.

Comment

As long as Gary West donates his millions to the University, Roger Waialae is UNTOUCHABLE. He knows it, and is not ashamed to tell you he knows it. I have shown patience and support in the past, but is now clear that as long as RW is there, this is the best you can expect. I am still friends with several people on campus (not students) and I am told that the asst coaches are frustrated regarding the discipline on the team and want to take a hard stance, but are not supported by RW. They would not be surprised to see as many as 4 assistants resign and go elsewhere.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HeavenontheHill View Post
                  As long as Gary West donates his millions to the University, Roger Waialae is UNTOUCHABLE. He knows it, and is not ashamed to tell you he knows it. I have shown patience and support in the past, but is now clear that as long as RW is there, this is the best you can expect. I am still friends with several people on campus (not students) and I am told that the asst coaches are frustrated regarding the discipline on the team and want to take a hard stance, but are not supported by RW. They would not be surprised to see as many as 4 assistants resign and go elsewhere.
                  Not only is RW untouchable, but I guess disciplining problem attitudes are untouchable also. Unfortunately this is not just a problem at WL, I have seen discipline decline along with the changing culture in college athletics. There is way too much disrespect, undisciplined play (penalties), and they always when I make a play look at I did mentality of players. You don't see this stuff going on in good programs, it's not tolerated.

Comment

Guess our only hope is that the new President, who ever he/she is has a set of balls and fires RW. Then makes an articulate case to West that appeals to the businessman in him about how sustained failure isnt tolerated in the business world and it won't be tolerated in WLU athletics. If he takes his no money, so be it. But I would imagine that even if he did initially close his checkbook to WLU, he'd probably open it again in a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                      Guess our only hope is that the new President, who ever he/she is has a set of balls and fires RW. Then makes an articulate case to West that appeals to the businessman in him about how sustained failure isnt tolerated in the business world and it won't be tolerated in WLU athletics. If he takes his no money, so be it. But I would imagine that even if he did initially close his checkbook to WLU, he'd probably open it again in a couple of years.
                      is RW still the AD? Perhaps the new President could persuade him to be the AD and hire a new football coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

is RW still the AD? Perhaps the new President could persuade him to be the AD and hire a new football coach?
                        Nope...he lost out to Ollym (?) Who was the womens basketball coach..

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X