Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notre Dame College at Valdosta State

Anybody in this neighborhood want to discuss next weekend's national semifinal? Valdosta looks like a runaway freight train. Those guys are putting up some scary numbers. It will be a monumental challenge for NDC to go down there and keep it close (that's not a diss. it would be tough for SRU to keep it close against Valdosta). But it should be a great experience for the players. These are the games you never forget. I was never lucky enough to compete in a postseason game, but when we went down to Miami and beat Florida Atlantic, that felt like a playoff game. So hopefully the NDC kids enjoy every minute of it. These experiences are never guaranteed to happen again.

Re: Notre Dame College at Valdosta State

For those coming down look up Blazerlady's posts in the GSC section. She gives a lot of info about our town, where to stay, park, eat, etc.

In a way sorta hoped Roland Rivers and his team would be coming, just because of the storyline/history he has at Valdosta State (played here, Rock's OC coached here. Rivers brother is our leading tackler, etc. ).

That said, we'll be playing ND and are thankful for the opportunity. A team that looks on paper like they have a great running game, a good passing game and that plays stout defense.

Valdosta State has a pretty young team. Also has a balanced attack (in spite of having the reputation of slinging it, we have more yards rushing than passing. The last 4 games we've a particularly strong in that area). Defensively we've been opportunistic.

We're looking forward to the challenge as we each try to get our tickes punched to go to the Natty game.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
        For those coming down look up Blazerlady's posts in the GSC section. She gives a lot of info about our town, where to stay, park, eat, etc.

In a way sorta hoped Roland Rivers and his team would be coming, just because of the storyline/history he has at Valdosta State (played here, Rock's OC coached here. Rivers brother is our leading tackler, etc. ).

That said, we'll be playing ND and are thankful for the opportunity. A team that looks on paper like they have a great running game, a good passing game and that plays stout defense.

Valdosta State has a pretty young team. Also has a balanced attack (in spite of having the reputation of slinging it, we have more yards rushing than passing. The last 4 games we've a particularly strong in that area). Defensively we've been opportunistic.

We're looking forward to the challenge as we each try to get our tickes punched to go to the Natty game.
        I wish his team were coming, too:disapointed:

But I'll still be watching both semifinals on ESPN3. Hoping for two competitive games!

Comment

Go Blazers

Comment

Ran the Computer Ratings simulator for this game and got Notre Dame 56 - Valdosta 16. Then I realized I chose the wrong Notre Dame. Using the one from Ohio, it came up Valdosta 52 - Notre Dame 18.

Comment

Are there no Notre Dame posters?

Comment

Originally posted by D2FootballFanatic View Post
                Are there no Notre Dame posters?

Comment

RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                  Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Started in 2009, joined Division 2 and the GLIAC in 2012, the MEC in 2013. Small, private school of ~2,000 students.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                      Started in 2009, joined Division 2 and the GLIAC in 2012, the MEC in 2013. Small, private school of ~2,000 students.
                      RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                      Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Well I am certainly supporting them! however it is just so tough overcoming southern/midwestern schools that are not only mostly fully funded but usually have more D1 transfers, etc.

But that is what it usually takes at the semi's & championship level so any program wanting to be competitive in the end certainly has to be wearing big boy pants & ready for a butt whomping on occasion. We in SR1 are used to that!

Went to the Bowie/Valdosta game & VSU just has so many offensive weapons to go with a stout defense that I would be very surprised if they don't win it all this year.

But as we all know upsets occasionally happen!!

Comment

Very intrigued to watch this ND team, especially since I do not know a lot about them and there hasn't been a ton of discussion on any thread about them. Pulling for them as well!

Comment

It was also a women's college until 2001. So in addition to their small size, probably don't have a whole lot of football crazed alumni (although I'm sure they have a few!).

Comment

Originally posted by Northeast01 View Post
                              It was also a women's college until 2001. So in addition to their small size, probably don't have a whole lot of football crazed alumni (although I'm sure they have a few!).
                              Valdosta State was actually a woman's college at one time (in fact my Mom attended it a LONG time ago).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X