Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNCP Joins Conference Carolina's for all sports except Football.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNCP Joins Conference Carolina's for all sports except Football.

A lot of changes going on.

https://www.fayobserver.com/sports/2...ence-carolinas

On a side note, there's a growing number of Conference Carolinas schools now with football programs.

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

A lot of changes going on.

https://www.fayobserver.com/sports/2...ence-carolinas

On a side note, there's a growing number of Conference Carolinas schools now with football programs.
    Sounds like it was the right move based on geography. How many schools offer football? It may be a short lifespan for UNCP in the MEC.

I'm sure the MEC has a contingency plan in place in case UNCP leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Sounds like it was the right move based on geography. How many schools offer football? It may be a short lifespan for UNCP in the MEC.

Sounds almost like when the PSAC had C.W. Post for a short span ... a stop-gap.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Sounds almost like when the PSAC had C.W. Post for a short span ... a stop-gap.
        Very similar. It is only a matter of time before UNCP leaves.

Comment

Very similar. It is only a matter of time before UNCP leaves.
          They can have SHU back. Just sayin' !!

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

They can have SHU back. Just sayin' !!

The only positive Seton Hill brings to the PSAC in football and men's basketball ... is a short road trip for many teams.

Comment

If I count correctly, including UNCP the total is five.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

That seems to be accurate. There has been chatter on the SAC board that there are a couple more schools rumored to do a feasibility study too, and they all also feel it is only a matter of time before Conference Carolinas has enough to sponsor the sport.

I like the fact more schools are adding football. If there is birth to a new conference, it will obviously have ramifications on the Super Regions too.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Barton, Chowan, Erskine, UNCP and North Greenville are the five CC schools which sponsor football (but are either independent or in other leagues). It would've been six had Limestone opted to stay in CC instead of becoming a full-time member of the SAC.
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Limestone could easily reverse their decision, much like UNCP has done. I asked my UNCP Braves Bud about this, and he simply said "it's part of the plan". So my thoughts are now that we may have a new football conference come into place more sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                      Limestone could easily reverse their decision, much like UNCP has done. I asked my UNCP Braves Bud about this, and he simply said "it's part of the plan". So my thoughts are now that we may have a new football conference come into place more sooner than later.
                      Limestone could I guess, but at this point I'm not sure if they would. Travel is actually better for them in the SAC then in the CC. Longest trip in the SAC will be for them going to LMU at 214 miles. Trips to Chowan, Mt Olive, and Barton are all longer.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X