Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustAnotherSlap View Post
    Topper912...That team that brought nothing to the table...In 2018 forced 3 turnovers and stoned your beloved Hilltoppers Offense on 4th down at the Goalline to win the game...In 2019 forced 3 more turnovers, and ran the ball down your throat to deliver a beat down in you own stadium.

A lot of great kids and dedicated/invested coaches took that program from 1-10 to 7-4 in 5 seasons despite the facilities and location...while your beloved Hilltoppers have spiraled into mediocrity.

What's your point? Roger sucks and its past time for a new coach at West Lib.

This is about more than just a couple football games. Their facilities suck, the school is isolated compared to the rest of the conference which forces longer travel, they bring nothing to the table in basketball, etc.

Good riddance, Jesuit needs to be next.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper912 View Post

Good riddance, Jesuit needs to be next.

Comment

What would they do?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

What would they do?
          Switch places with ALDERSON-BROADUS and establish a nice rivalry game with TIFFIN.

Comment

This tweet was very confusing AND truly insignificant at the same time.

https://mobile.twitter.com/micah_til...149579/photo/1

MICAH TILL ??? Actually MICAH TILLMAN a reserve DB from Urbana who played HS ball at Westerville North in Ohio which connects to some VULCAN athlete who I cannot remember for my life. Why a player whose senior highlights as a DB include 3 INT and 10 PBU plus apparently 1 TD as a WR is even playing D2 football is not clear. But it is FB news as opposed to the other.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Sorry, that was bad info which I unfortunately passed on. Actual number is more like $24M very much like the others in the league.
              Actually, UNCP also falls under the safety net of the non-profit UNC Managment Company umbrella with an endowment of over 7 billion dollars, so they're good for a long long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Actually, UNCP also falls under the safety net of the non-profit UNC Managment Company umbrella with an endowment of over 7 billion dollars, so they're good for a long long time.
                As I understand these funds, each participating organization deposits their endowment and in turn gets "shares" worth that value in return . The management company aggregates this money and invests it and hopefully earns a profit. Yes the UNC Managment Co is valued at $7B but each member doesn't have access to $7B. They have access to whatever they deposited plus any increase in share price the company has generated over the time the funds were invested by the company.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

As I understand these funds, each participating organization deposits their endowment and in turn gets "shares" worth that value in return . The management company aggregates this money and invests it and hopefully earns a profit. Yes the UNC Managment Co is valued at $7B but each member doesn't have access to $7B. They have access to whatever they deposited plus any increase in share price the company has generated over the time the funds were invested by the company.
                  The disparity in endowments is truly amazing. The UNC system is an excellent one that NC has every reason to be proud of. But that $7B pales in comparison to an average IVY like CORNELL which has the same amount in the the bank for itself. Forget the ELITE IVIES. It will never happen but if each IVY kicked even a bit of $$ to a similar fund they could move markets in a major way. Actually a bit scary.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

The disparity in endowments is truly amazing. The UNC system is an excellent one that NC has every reason to be proud of. But that $7B pales in comparison to an average IVY like CORNELL which has the same amount in the the bank for itself. Forget the ELITE IVIES. It will never happen but if each IVY kicked even a bit of $$ to a similar fund they could move markets in a major way. Actually a bit scary.
                    $7B is an impressive number for sure. But the point I was making is that that number is the agregate amount that the member colleges contributed of their endowment and NOT the endowment that one particular school has. Each school only owns that protion of the $7B that they contributed plus any gains (or losses) that have been made since they deposited the $'s. It's like me depositing $1000 at my local Credit Union and then claiming that I'm a millionare because the Credit Union has millions of $'s in it.

Comment

UNCP is one of 17 schools that are a part of the UNC System's 7 billion endowment umbrella, with contributions being made for decades. Still, a very good safety net.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X