Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D&E was a (semi) warm body. That's what they brought to the table. Both basketball programs are bad.

Remember the climate at the time the MEC admitted them. Shepherd was gone. Wheeling appeared to be walking the plank (still does, financially). The home office was likely aware of the Urbana financial concerns (since closed).

There comes a point for most leagues when you just need members. Will Salem get the invite when Notre Dame undoubtedly leaves in the near future? Hopefully the MEC takes Seton Hill instead ... but I think we're stuck with the Griffins.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

D&E was a (semi) warm body. That's what they brought to the table. Both basketball programs are bad.

Remember the climate at the time the MEC admitted them. Shepherd was gone. Wheeling appeared to be walking the plank (still does, financially). The home office was likely aware of the Urbana financial concerns (since closed).

There comes a point for most leagues when you just need members. Will Salem get the invite when Notre Dame undoubtedly leaves in the near future? Hopefully the MEC takes Seton Hill instead ... but I think we're stuck with the Griffins.
      This has been predicted as going to happen "any day" for the last seven plus years! People sighting their "sources" and saying that they have it on "good authority" that NDC is going to join "any day now." Who knows...maybe in a year or two...OR 10 NDC will change conferences and these people who predicted the pending move will be able to say, "I KNEW it!!!" Till then, maybe they need to get other sources!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
        This has been predicted as going to happen "any day" for the last seven plus years! People sighting their "sources" and saying that they have it on "good authority" that NDC is going to join "any day now." Who knows...maybe in a year or two...OR 10 NDC will change conferences and these people who predicted the pending move will be able to say, "I KNEW it!!!" Till then, maybe they need to get other sources!!!!
        Why would they stay? You also used to say Shepherd would never leave.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Why would they stay? You also used to say Shepherd would never leave.
          I said I didn't believe they would leave. Quite a bit different than saying I had a source telling me that they weren't going to leave. Also Shepherd leaving the MEC was a condensed time frame, not 7+ years.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X