Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEC FALL PLANS

https://mountaineast.org/news/2020/6...20-return.aspx

Practice for football starts August 17, Competition starts as early as September 10. No out of conference games for football, men's and women's soccer, volleyball and men's and women's basketball.

Say what you will about silo schedules, at least they remove the illusion that the NCAA selection criteria make sense.

Comment

Comment

I just did a quick count, and NDC has 14 D2 schools closer to it timewise than Wheeling and WLU. I don't see how our AD can be on board with this.
        Last edited by Stea1th; 06-12-2020, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
          I just did a quick count, and NDC has 14 D2 schools closer to it timewise than Wheeling and WLU. I don't see how our AD can be on board with this.
          Gee, if only there was a league closer to NDC that their AD could have them join.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

Gee, if only there was a league closer to NDC that their AD could have them join.

What is the MEC notice clause and would they give NDC the same consideration that the GMAC gave AB?

Comment

Gee...Let me guess...You think NDC should immediately move to the GMAC because of this slight??!!

Comment

Mountain East just tweeted out that it is a great day in the MEC. Any thing there on a Friday 6PM tweet??? I don't know but wondering.

Walsh has a change of plans?
                Someone else coming in?
                Or just a random tweet?

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                  Mountain East just tweeted out that it is a great day in the MEC. Any thing there on a Friday 6PM tweet??? I don't know but wondering.

Walsh has a change of plans?
                  Someone else coming in?
                  Or just a random tweet?
                  I saw that and thought it was just referring to their fall plans being confirmed but you never know. Can't imagine Walsh going anywhere without Malone but I'm currently doing so bad at guessing that I'm just gonna let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

MEC standing firm...for now.

https://mountaineast.org/news/2020/7...y-15-2020.aspx

At this time, the Mountain East Conference is making every reasonable effort to conduct athletic contests during the 2020-21 season if public health conditions, state and local guidelines and NCAA regulations allow us to do so.

We are exploring a variety of options to accomplish competition this fall, including extending fall seasons into the spring. Also, we are developing models that would accommodate all sports being contested solely in the spring semester if public health conditions warrant making that shift.

We will continue to monitor public health conditions and work with local health officials to help inform and shape our decisions in meetings over the next week within our governance structure. We believe it is our obligation to our members and student-athletes to be thorough and deliberate as we explore all options for competition as soon and as safely as possible.

Comment

It's fascinating to read/hear institutional press releases that basically say "we're afraid to make a decision ourselves so please wait for someone further up the food chain to say or do something that we can use as cover". Beautiful bureaucratese. Raise your hand if you remember Prof. Irwin Corey. He was born 50 years too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                        It's fascinating to read/hear institutional press releases that basically say "we're afraid to make a decision ourselves so please wait for someone further up the food chain to say or do something that we can use as cover". Beautiful bureaucratese. Raise your hand if you remember Prof. Irwin Corey. He was born 50 years too soon.
                        West Chester probably falls into that same camp though. They announced online instruction for the fall which essentially halted athletics for them. They likely did some arm twisting in the call with the rest of the conference on Tuesday to get that same coverage.

Comment

I'd say there is a good chance that the MEC is reluctant to cancel fall sports is because that West Virginia has one of the lowest total number of Corona cases (4,657), lowest number of total deaths (99), and is pretty consistently at one or none Covid deaths per day. No telling what the future holds, but for now, doesn't seem to be a lot of reason to cancel the season.

Comment

Wheeling will soon have an AQ to NCAA postseason with the PSAC and now NE-10 cancelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Wcball00 View Post
                              Wheeling will soon have an AQ to NCAA postseason with the PSAC and now NE-10 cancelling.
                              No AQ in football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X