Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

My understanding is that the MEC is planning on playing its cancled games in the spring. That would be 3 to 4 games. If I were them, I'd do three conf games and then a "conf championship week" were 1 plays 2, 3 plays 4, 5 plays 6, and so on.

As for how they can do it after a 3-4 mo layoff, don't think it would be that hard. Just have whatever the NCAA allows as "preseason camp" and launch into games every 2 weeks. Depends on how, or even if, the NCAA decides to do any sort of playoffs as to when the spring schedule starts and finishes.

Comment

Anybody hearing anything at all?

Comment

and specifically....any word regarding a Spring season?

Comment

The conference website hasn't had a single story or update about anything since Oct 9. So, if someone has second hand info, please share.

Comment

Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
            The conference website hasn't had a single story or update about anything since Oct 9. So, if someone has second hand info, please share.
            The plan from what i heard will be 5+1 starting around February. The conference will be split between a north and south. play 5 games and the corresponding ranks play each other.
            North #1 plays South #1 etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

The plan from what i heard will be 5+1 starting around February. The conference will be split between a north and south. play 5 games and the corresponding ranks play each other.
              North #1 plays South #1 etc.

Comment

MEC announced a 5 game plus Champ game come sing Mar 18. Two divisions (N/S? E/W?) With the Division Champions meeting in the Championship Game.

Comment

MEC announced a 5 game plus Champ game come sing Mar 18. Two divisions (N/S? E/W?) With the Division Champions meeting in the Championship Game.
                  North & South

North:
                  Frostburg
                  AB
                  Notre Dame
                  West Liberty
                  Wheeling
                  Fairmont

South:
                  UNC Pembroke
                  Charleston
                  Concord
                  WV State
                  Glenville
                  WV Wesleyan

Schedules for Frostburg is on its website

Comment

Let the season begin!!

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

North & South

North:
                      Frostburg
                      AB
                      Notre Dame
                      West Liberty
                      Wheeling
                      Fairmont

South:
                      UNC Pembroke
                      Charleston
                      Concord
                      WV State
                      Glenville
                      WV Wesleyan

Schedules for Frostburg is on its website
                      Only 5 games. Oh well, I'll gladly take what we can get in this crazy Covid-19 era and hope AB is able to scratch out at least one win.

Comment

30 days until the beginning of the MEC football season! MEC just announced a change to it's attendance policy. Effective March 11, schools, in accordance with state and local guidance, will be premitted to have fans in the stands. Given the dramatic decline in Covid cases in most areas in the MEC footprint, this is probably a sane process.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

Comment

With both the MEC and GMAC playing this spring and coupled with the dramatically improving Covid situation, I wonder if there might be an opportunity for the MEC Champ and the GMAC Champ to play an "SR1 Championship Game?"

Comment

With both the MEC and GMAC playing this spring and coupled with the dramatically improving Covid situation, I wonder if there might be an opportunity for the MEC Champ and the GMAC Champ to play an "SR1 Championship Game?"
                            players would lose a season of eligibility if a 7th game was played

Comment

After a long delay, the MEC is back on the field starting THIS Thursday! Fairmont travels to Wheeling to take on the Cardinal with a 7:00 pm kick-off.

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!!

Comment

After a long delay, the MEC is back on the field starting THIS Thursday! Fairmont travels to Wheeling to take on the Cardinal with a 7:00 pm kick-off.

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!!
                                Speaking of Fairmont... I see that Ramal Faunteroy (DL Coach) kind of abruptly left the program. Also, 2 players that I believe were key parts of a good defense transferred out of the program this spring as well. Are things unraveling a bit down in Fairmont or is this just normal attrition?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X