Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

In conference, the SOS of all teams is .500.
    Well, there'll be a little variance in the MEC since it's not a complete round robin.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Well, there'll be a little variance in the MEC since it's not a complete round robin.
      True, but the varriance will be very small to the + and -. Probably on the order of .001.

Comment

In conference, the SOS of all teams is .500. The variable is OOC games, both the ones a team chooses to play AND the ones their opponents chose to play. Conference affiliation is supposed to have no bearing on SOS. At least that's the NCAA's implication.

The NCAA gives the illusion that the selection criteria are applied to every team fairly and impartally but clearly they aren't. NCAA also gives the impression that there is some sort of formula that strips bias from the selection and seeding process but seems unable to release that formula to the public.
        The NCAA gives a lot of illusions like caring about graduation rates, backdoor cash and sexual abuse. We both know what that's worth. Selection criteria for D2 football is probably pretty far from the top of their list. Sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

The NCAA gives a lot of illusions like caring about graduation rates, backdoor cash and sexual abuse. We both know what that's worth. Selection criteria for D2 football is probably pretty far from the top of their list. Sad but true.
          I agree with that 100%! I'm not a big fan of the NCAA truthfulness on a host of issues but it is were my particular college has chosen to play so I'm stuck with them.

Comment

In conference, the SOS of all teams is .500. The variable is OOC games, both the ones a team chooses to play AND the ones their opponents chose to play. Conference affiliation is supposed to have no bearing on SOS. At least that's the NCAA's implication.

The NCAA gives the illusion that the selection criteria are applied to every team fairly and impartally but clearly they aren't. NCAA also gives the impression that there is some sort of formula that strips bias from the selection and seeding process but seems unable to release that formula to the public.
            Clearly? How is it so clear? Queue the drivel.

But even if there IS bias in favor of the PSAC, then shame on the SIX non-PSAC representatives on the regional committee - WV State AD Nate Burton, Notre Dame head coach Mike Jacobs, New Haven Assoc AD Andy Beardsley, Stonehill head coach Eli Gardner, Findlay head coach Rob Keys and Kentucky Wesleyan AD Robert Mallory for not keeping the TWP PSAC representatives in check.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Clearly? How is it so clear? Queue the drivel.

But even if there IS bias in favor of the PSAC, then shame on the SIX non-PSAC representatives on the regional committee - WV State AD Nate Burton, Notre Dame head coach Mike Jacobs, New Haven Assoc AD Andy Beardsley, Stonehill head coach Eli Gardner, Findlay head coach Rob Keys and Kentucky Wesleyan AD Robert Mallory for not keeping the TWP PSAC representatives in check.
              No drivel...all you need to do is check the numbers and apply some common sense. Of course, there seems to be either a lack of common sense or a high degree of willful ignorance among some.

I would note that the regional committee doesn't make the selections, they make recommendations. I am reminded of the statement by a regional committee member who was quoted in a news article saying that the RC that year had recommended its 6 playoff teams and the National Committee returned their selections with instructions to more strongly consider a particular criteria.

Comment

So Frostburg is still playing for pride another 2 seasons? I know they aren't eligible to compete in the playoffs yet, but are they allowed to compete for conference championships? I'm not hip to the D3 to D2 transition rules.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
                  So Frostburg is still playing for pride another 2 seasons? I know they aren't eligible to compete in the playoffs yet, but are they allowed to compete for conference championships? I'm not hip to the D3 to D2 transition rules.
                  Yea...three year transition. As far as I know, they are permitted to win MEC titles from year one.

Comment

No drivel...all you need to do is check the numbers and apply some common sense. Of course, there seems to be either a lack of common sense or a high degree of willful ignorance among some.

I would note that the regional committee doesn't make the selections, they make recommendations. I am reminded of the statement by a regional committee member who was quoted in a news article saying that the RC that year had recommended its 6 playoff teams and the National Committee returned their selections with instructions to more strongly consider a particular criteria.
                    Don't hold out on us. Remind us all. Since it was in the news, surely you have the name of the person who was quoted. Perhaps even a link to the story.

Furthermore, it's difficult to fathom why why the AD of Kentucky Wesleyan, AD of West Georgia, the Asst AD of Mars Hill, the head coach at McKendree, the AD at Emporia, the AD at Azusa an the head coach at CSU Pueblo would have a bias towards a PSAC school over non-PSAC schools. There's actually a good chance they couldn't identify which schools were PSAC and which were not.

Comment

Don't hold out on us. Remind us all. Since it was in the news, surely you have the name of the person who was quoted. Perhaps even a link to the story.

Furthermore, it's difficult to fathom why why the AD of Kentucky Wesleyan, AD of West Georgia, the Asst AD of Mars Hill, the head coach at McKendree, the AD at Emporia, the AD at Azusa an the head coach at CSU Pueblo would have a bias towards a PSAC school over non-PSAC schools. There's actually a good chance they couldn't identify which schools were PSAC and which were not.
                      Clearly you are in the camp of "Everything is working FINE with the playoff selections. NOTHING to see here...move along." Not surprizing that someone who roots for the entitled conference that benefits from the bias sees no bias and refuses to admit there is even a chance of it.

Comment

Clearly you are in the camp of "Everything is working FINE with the playoff selections. NOTHING to see here...move along." Not surprizing that someone who roots for the entitled conference that benefits from the bias sees no bias and refuses to admit there is even a chance of it.
                        Bias? The PSAC is the premiere conference in the region. It's also the largest conference in the region, which might be more the reason why the PSAC usually gets the bids they do. Proposing contraction and consolidation is ONE way to limit the prowess of the PSAC, but maybe if the other schools in other conferences did the same hard work, parity could be achieved in the process. There's STRENGTH in numbers?
                        Last edited by WarriorVoice; 06-25-2020, 05:44 AM.

Comment

So no name, no story, no link. No surprise.

Comment

So no name, no story, no link. No surprise.
                            Fan of the current biased system that favors his conference thinks everything is working just fine. Even less of a surprise.

Comment

Here are my way to early football predictions for the MEC:

1. Frostburg (10-0) They have been very good for a while...That will continue in 2020.
                              2a. UC (9-1 OR 8-2) They seem to be peaking.
                              2b. NDC (9-1 OR 8-2)
                              4a. UNCP (8-2 OR 7-3) UNCP is one of those teams that builds for a few years and then falls back. 2020 is on track to be one of their surge years.
                              4b. Fairmont (8-2 OR 7-3) Fairmont is a good team that is pretty consistent. Same for 2020.
                              6a. WLU (7-3 to 5-5) GASP!!! WLU is very QB centric and they appear to have a very capable P5 transfer coming in. I think WLU is a dark horse this year...QB could make them better than even 7-3 but my enthusium is tempered by remembering the LG Crow experience!!!
                              6b. Glenville (7-3 to 5-5) Year two of the "Kellar Experience." Good coach with a proven track record of 1. Turning programs around quickly and 2. Getting into the playoffs quickly.
                              6c. WVS (7-3 to 5-5) Good team...Just not good enough to break through.
                              9. WVW (3-7 or less) Not much to see here.
                              10. Concord (3-7 or less) ditto.
                              11. WU (3-7 or less) ditto ditto.
                              12. AB (3-7 or less) They should consider it a successful season if they don't finish last.

Predictions:

1. MEC could be in line to receive three playoff selections. If NDC finishes 10-0, clearly they are in...IF UC finishes 9-1, they too should be a shoe in...The bubble team is probably UNCP, IF they finish 8-2 they will be in the discussion for a playoff slot. A lot will come down to how their SOS stacks up against other 8-2 teams in the region.

2. Davis & Elkins will go undefeated in football.
                              Fixed it for you

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

Fixed it for you
                                So who plays QB? Will they give Chad Palmer a shot or will they bring in another one-year mercenary ?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X