• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEC Coverage & Recap

Answering the Pre-Season Top 10 Questions--and--Vacancy: 2019 MEC Coverage
    I can be reached at [email protected].

Re: MEC Coverage & Recap

So did you ever venture out of the friendly confines of Ram Stadium to see any games between teams other than the Rams?

Comment

I did. The final game was Hillsdale @ Notre Dame College. Work prevented me from getting back for the Slippery Rock contest.

I believe it was only two Shepherd games I attended last year, maybe three.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
        So did you ever venture out of the friendly confines of Ram Stadium to see any games between teams other than the Rams?
        Would you have rather have just had nobody covering the conference? Now that I think of it, maybe all your responses in regards to Raymond are seeded in the fact that you hate rehashing the dumpster fire football program you have on the hill, and to that I can understand if you don't want to read more about it week to week...

Raymond, thanks for lending us your time. Thought you did a great job! Even if ungrateful guys like Boat give you crap from time to time, wish you nothing but the best going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond Franze View Post
          I did. The final game was Hillsdale @ Notre Dame College. Work prevented me from getting back for the Slippery Rock contest.

I believe it was only two Shepherd games I attended last year, maybe three.
          That's cool, at least you made it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
            Raymond, thanks for lending us your time. Thought you did a great job! Even if ungrateful guys like Boat give you crap from time to time, wish you nothing but the best going forward.
            No worries, I knew accepting the gig I'd open myself up to any critics. I think many know about the base pay and travel budget involved, but I was glad I could fill the void for the conference and do what I could, when I could, where I could. I freely admit as a fan I was in a Shepherd bubble for years and taking on this assignment really helped me appreciate the other programs, their players and their progress.

I appreciate the sentiments. I'm looking forward to what the future may bring for the MEC, Shepherd in the PSAC, and the DII landscape. I'll still be around!

Comment

Raymond, thanks for your coverage, reviews, previews, etc. throughout!

Taking the time out of your free time to do the work for the rest of us on D2 football, MEC, SR1,etc. is very commendable, especially with that healthy salary & travel budget you referred to. :good:

And for sure Never apologize for being in the "Shepherd Bubble"!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X