X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WLU Spring Game

Today at 1. Anyone tuning in?
    Stream here: https://team1sports.com/hilltoppersports/
    Last edited by Layton; 04-20-2019, 12:41 PM.

Re: WLU Spring Game

I counted about 45 players dressed. Anyone know what happened to the Phillips brothers? Only two Quarterbacks on campus right now. Looks like Savion Johnson medically retired after that gruesome injury. Numbers seem awfully low right now, might be his worst season yet.

The new QB from California Pa looked decent though

Comment

DAM...Wish I had known it was being broadcast!

According to the write up on the web site, low numbers were driven by 30 graduations and an unspecified # of players rehabing injuries. QB Phillips was out due to the NCAA 10 semester rule.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
        DAM...Wish I had known it was being broadcast!

According to the write up on the web site, low numbers were driven by 30 graduations and an unspecified # of players rehabing injuries. QB Phillips was out due to the NCAA 10 semester rule.
        I think you can watch a replay on the streaming site

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
          I think you can watch a replay on the streaming site
          You are correct. From that link you provided I clicked on the "On Demand" section and watch some of the WLU Spring Game.

Comment

Hard to tell much from a spring game, particularly when a number of players were held out for various reasons. But the quick takeaways were:

Transfer QB Eric Taylor is a beast AND he can spin the ball! If it's possible, he looks LARGER than 6'4", 250!!

Transfer TE Thomas Cole looks like a keeper. Good hands, quick for his size (6'5", 250) and fights for extra yards.

The RB tandem looks like DJ Frisbee and converted WR (formerly a converted QB) Eric Farmer. Both had some good runs and a couple were they were not so good.

Comment

Hard to tell much from a spring game, particularly when a number of players were held out for various reasons. But the quick takeaways were:

Transfer QB Eric Taylor is a beast AND he can spin the ball! If it's possible, he looks LARGER than 6'4", 250!!

Transfer TE Thomas Cole looks like a keeper. Good hands, quick for his size (6'5", 250) and fights for extra yards.

The RB tandem looks like DJ Frisbee and converted WR (formerly a converted QB) Eric Farmer. Both had some good runs and a couple were they were not so good.
              I think Farmer is on his 37th new position here lol. I thought Taylor was Savion Johnson until he started throwing the ball. Cardale Jones esque

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
                I think Farmer is on his 37th new position here lol. I thought Taylor was Savion Johnson until he started throwing the ball. Cardale Jones esque
                The "Pillsbury throw-boy" before he got REALLY fat!!

WLU does have a successful history with QB position changes but Farmer is taking it to a new level!!

Comment

The "Pillsbury throw-boy" before he got REALLY fat!!

WLU does have a successful history with QB position changes but Farmer is taking it to a new level!!

Comment

We did sign a Kicker who also punts:

Jonah Phares, K, University HS WV

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X