Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Liberty Football 2021

Tough first game for the Toppers. Waialae looks to have his third winning season in the last 10 years.

The viewing experience on the NDC broadcast is brutal

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
      The viewing experience on the NDC broadcast is brutal
      Unfortunately so is watching our football team

Comment

Comment

35-0, still in the first.

Comment

Comment

Could be the worst football team in MEC history or even the old WVIAC conference. Waialae has set WL football back over a decade. The AD should be fired for not firing Waialae! Is Boatcapt still around?

Comment

Comment

To paraphrase the "Old Ball Coach," "70 to 7...Not so good..."

Comment

Hey Boat, I've been gone for over a year. I'm back for awhile or until I can't stand to watch the football team any longer. Certainly seems like things aren't getting any better. Oh well......I'm use to it now, sub 500 seasons. Now back to the basketball game.

Comment

Comment

For some reason, no amount of sub .500 seasons or embarasing losses will ever be enough to get this HC or staff canned. They have the full number of schollys and top notch facilities yet they have proven unable year after year after year to get quality players. Nor do they seem able to "coach-up" the players they do have to even a 500 level of performance.

As the saying goes, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. By that definition, our coaching staff is completely insane, oour university leadership is insane AND our deep pocket donors are insane as well!

I wonder if having TWO sub .500 seasons in ONE calander year will be enough for get the HC removed? Nawww...He seems to be completely bullet proof.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

For some reason, no amount of sub .500 seasons or embarasing losses will ever be enough to get this HC or staff canned. They have the full number of schollys and top notch facilities yet they have proven unable year after year after year to get quality players. Nor do they seem able to "coach-up" the players they do have to even a 500 level of performance.

As the saying goes, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. By that definition, our coaching staff is completely insane, oour university leadership is insane AND our deep pocket donors are insane as well!

I wonder if having TWO sub .500 seasons in ONE calander year will be enough for get the HC removed? Nawww...He seems to be completely bullet proof.
                          63-7 at halftime ... the HC should have had to take an Uber back to campus to clean out his office.

Imagine if ND didn't call off the dogs? Three digits pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

63-7 at halftime ... the HC should have had to take an Uber back to campus to clean out his office.

Imagine if ND didn't call off the dogs? Three digits pretty easily.
                            Every season I think, well, it can't get any worse...and then it gets worse. Clearly the university doesn't really care what happens in the football program. The HC has learned that he doesn't really have to work all that hard to keep his job and lives up to those "expectations."

Here's an example of the difference between the football and basketball program. I used to have a small little football scouting service that focused on a specific area. I had a number of DII "clients" and a good track record of getting players on scholly and into those schools. On several occasions, I referred some highly skilled players to WLU...never a call, email, text to either myself OR the player (all ended up going to other DII's and several earned All-Conf accolades during their careers). Had ONE basketball player contact me. I told him I didn't know much about evaluating basketball players but this kid was persistent. He did have a number of conference awards and was a coaches son who could shoot the ball. Finally I gave in and told him I would push his name up to WLU. Sooooo...I sent a link to his YouTube highlight reel to Crutch. I'd never met Crutch before nore had I ever refered a player to him. Within 15 minutes of hitting send, I got a reply from Crutch himself...then 5 minutes later I got an email from Ben (also never met the man) saying they were interested and asking if I had the players email and phone number. 2 hours later, got a call from the kid saying he had just gotten off a long phone call with Ben.

Clearly, the two programs are run completely differently from top to bottom. And the results speak for themself.

Comment

Woo Hoo! WLU beat AB and stands 1-1 on this now four game season. Up next is Wheeling in the "11 Miles of Hate" game!!! Come out Saturday night and watch the Hilltoppers open a whole can of Woop Ash on the cityslickers from Wheeling!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X