Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REALLY am sorry for you WLU fans. It would be nice to win all the time, but at least be competitive in most of your game. And to hear the HC saying that he will not leave until he is ready remains to baffle me. This means he knows he will not be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
      REALLY am sorry for you WLU fans. It would be nice to win all the time, but at least be competitive in most of your game. And to hear the HC saying that he will not leave until he is ready remains to baffle me. This means he knows he will not be fired.
      So if Wheeling is the SHU of the MEC, can we say WLU is the MILLERSVILLE or LHU ???

Comment

Geez man! I remember going back and forth with some of you WLU guys over the years, but this is sad. I remember the Amedro years and when WLU made a scholarship commitment to football. Even when the decline started, WLU was still competitive. But now ... It's just a wreck. I simply don't understand not trying a new direction for the football program. It baffles my mind.

Comment

-3 total yards rushing. Looking at the box score the defense actually played well. Offense is putrid.

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
            -3 total yards rushing. Looking at the box score the defense actually played well. Offense is putrid.
            It's been pretty consistently putrid for about a decade, so I guess there's that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
              Geez man! I remember going back and forth with some of you WLU guys over the years, but this is sad. I remember the Amedro years and when WLU made a scholarship commitment to football. Even when the decline started, WLU was still competitive. But now ... It's just a wreck. I simply don't understand not trying a new direction for the football program. It baffles my mind.
              Man, it is beyond understanding! Especially when they made the big bump up to near fully funded status & that with being able to readily recruit Ohio/Pa areas.

Wow, what Monte would have been able to put on the field with that extra 10-15 rides for the last eight or so years!

Good to hear from you RT & hope you are doing OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Clydes 'N Rams View Post

Man, it is beyond understanding! Especially when they made the big bump up to near fully funded status & that with being able to readily recruit Ohio/Pa areas.

Wow, what Monte would have been able to put on the field with that extra 10-15 rides for the last eight or so years!

Good to hear from you RT & hope you are doing OK.
                Yes Ram Tough ! VERY good to hear from you and hope all is well!

Comment

Guys, I am doing great. I just need to lose a little weight, and I am staying away from people during the time of COVID.

Comment

Let's not go overboard on the D. They played OK but when compared to the offense and special teams, they looked better than they actually were.

To the best of my knowledge, WLU is still fully funded for schollys and just did a complete blow out Reno of their weight room. So it isn't a lack of scholly $s or poor facilities that are keeping them down. It's who the coaches bring in AND how they coach them up once they are here.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

To the best of my knowledge, WLU is still fully funded for schollys and just did a complete blow out Reno of their weight room. So it isn't a lack of scholly $s or poor facilities that are keeping them down. It's who the coaches bring in AND how they coach them up once they are here.
                      At what point do the boosters funding the scholarships pressure for change or pull their money to force it?

Comment

Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post

At what point do the boosters funding the scholarships pressure for change or pull their money to force it?
                        Thats a good question. I pulled my donation to the football prog long ago and voiced my concerns. Guess they found a way to live without my $500!

Comment

Boat, pulling that donation proved to be a good move!

Comment

Comment

If that's the truth, which I don't think it is, make Waialae a figure head coach like Paterno was and give the ultimate responsibility to the OC and DC.

Comment

Yikes! Now I don't feel so bad about AB only rushing for 21 yards against Mercyhurst. ;)
                                Last edited by crixus; 09-11-2021, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X