Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

The intention was for Krol to be at Wheeling in 2020 as the OC. The season was canceled in August prior to the start of the 2020 school year. At that point, Krol left.the team. In March 2020, prior "Co-OC" Robinson left Wheeling for Baldwin Wallace. AFTER both Krol and Robinson left and before the 2021 Spring Season, Wheeling hired their new OC to replace their OC.

Comment

Comment

Shades of seasons past...WLU grabbed a 51-31 win over Fairmont yesterday were they scored 21 unanswered points in a one minute span to erase a 31-30 4th quarter deficit.

Amedro, Stevens, Calhoun and Banks would be proud!

Could this betTHE year we taste the very rare (for us) waters of a +500 season???

Comment

Not that we needed anymore reason to but fire everyone.

Comment

Is Wheeling a two year program and beats WL two years in a row? Pathetic, Sorry, Terrible, Bad, Miserable.....................!

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
                Is Wheeling a two year program and beats WL two years in a row? Pathetic, Sorry, Terrible, Bad, Miserable.....................!
                All of the above.

I used to think that there were some good coaches that were just stuck in a bad situation. I don't feel that way now...they ALL need to go....EVERYONE associated with the football program needs to be fired immediately down to and including the equipment manager and ball boys. But sadly, it won't happen and no coaches are going anywhere until they want to go.

Comment

You are right Boat, WL has three more games and all should be losses. However, Roger probably feels this is a major break through year since they will have 4 wins and he sees "continued success". Their 4 wins are against teams with a total of 6 wins.

Comment

You are right Boat, WL has three more games and all should be losses. However, Roger probably feels this is a major break through year since they will have 4 wins and he sees "continued success". Their 4 wins are against teams with a total of 6 wins.
                    There always seems to be a reason (excuse) given for the season after season failure. One year it's "we were breaking in a new QB" next year it's "we had a bunch of injuries to key players" next year it's "we were really young and had some growing pains." The reason for failure NEVER includes "I" or "My" as in "I suck at recruting and it shows on the field" or "My offense is requires elite level players to operate and I'm not good enough to convince them to come to WLU" or "I should be evaluated based on my teams performance. By that metric, I have been a failure for the last 10 years."

Also worth noting, it's not like we have been rolled by a bunch of really good teams in our losses. Only one of our four losses has been to a team with a +500 record (8-0 NDC). Not counting NDC, our three other losses have a combined record of 7-16 (.304).
                    Last edited by boatcapt; 10-25-2021, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Bump, fire everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
                        Bump, fire everyone
                        Yup.

Comment

Can't believe, 2 for 16 on third down conversions. High powered offense!

Comment

Can't believe, 2 for 16 on third down conversions. High powered offense!
                            SOOOOOO many telling stats in this game that point at what West Liberty football is now (and probably in the future) 35% completion percentage...3.2 yards per play...2.1 yards per carry...gave up 389 passing yards...74% completion rate...UNCP held the ball for over 60% of the game.

I don't know how the coaches on this staff can continue to do this game after game, year after year. I mean, just the sheer embarrassment of it all should drive coaches away from the program!

To paraphrase Bull Durham

Roger Waialae: What's our record?
                            Coach Monteroso: 4 and 5.
                            Roger Waialae: 4 and 5. How'd we ever win 4 games?
                            Coach Hopkins; It's a miracle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjtmKIWa4tY

Comment

Such a waste of Schollies and facilities. Year after year!

Comment

Such a waste of Schollies and facilities. Year after year!
                                I've watched only part of two games this year. My football specific donation went to zero about five years ago. Last year, my sports donation went to zero with a letter explaining that it would remain at zero until there were changes in the football program. This year, my giving to the university as a whole is going to zero with an explanation to the new president that the reason is the dysfunction of the football program. Every year, I send a letter explaining what I was prepared to give and why I'm NOT giving. I don't expect that withholding my paltry little amount will force change but at least my voice is being heard.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X