Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheeling/West Liberty football game

Anybody else watching this slaughter. A two year program beating down on the Hilltoppers. Please, how much longer are they keeping Wally. Should have been gone years ago.

Fire Wailae into the sun. Just an utterly unacceptable loss.

Comment

It is so depressing watching WLU play. I jumped into the contest right after WLU closed the lead to 21-19. Three of the frst five plays I watched were a blocked XP, Wheeling long KO return, and a 10 yard Wherling TD pass...and it went down hill from there. They are incomprehensible bad. Terrible defense, terrible offense and terrible special teams. Their lack of individual ability is compounded by the utter lack of coaching.

I would be imberased to say I was a coach at WLU and actually get paid for it.

And the administration does nothing years after year after year......

Comment

Comment

Kind of makes you wonder if LD Crow really sucked or was it the coaching??

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Kind of makes you wonder if LD Crow really sucked or was it the coaching??

Comment

Lightning in a bottle with that grouping of players. Obviously was a fluke at this point. I feel terrible for you WL fans (at least a bit). All the resources in the world and can't put even a decent product on the field in about a decade.

Comment

Wasn't just Amedro, we had top tier WR's (Stephen's, Armando, Walls, and several others) and backs (Travis, Hills, Calhoughn, etc). QB gets the lion share of the credit, but the skill players were equally as impressive.

Just my opinion here, but it seemed like the WLU staff got very complacent after the Amedro run. Seemed to feel like good players would just come to WLU without much recruting work. I talked with a HS coach who was a former Topper, he said WLU was the WORST recruiting team he had ever seen. He said he brought a couple of his best Seniors (All State level) to WLU for a visit. He said no coaches were there to meet and talk with the recruits, the football offices were locked and a redshirt freshman was provided as a "guide." Tour of the campus was about 5 minutes and they didn't even get free tickets to the game the next day! That was, and by all accounts still is, WLUs recruting "style."

There was also zero turnover on the coaching staff and when there was, it almost always involved a brand new to coaching person. ZERO chance an experienced coach would come in and say, wait a minute, that's not how we did it at the last few places I've worked OR, the war we recruit doesn't make sense.

Quite clear that the HC has learned quite well that results don't matter and he can spend his evenings at home without the pressure of recruting well, coaching well or actually winning football games.

Comment

Comment

Could be.

Comment

Comment

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm taking a wait and see on Allison. I will say that if he has the supporting cast that he had this spring, I don't think he will be good at all. In general, and particularly at WLU, QB gets all the praise when things go well AND all the blame when they go bad. Allison, or whom ever else might end up being the starter in the fall, is going to be sadled with a poor group of "skill" players which will make them look 100 times worse than they might be.

Our coaching staff needs to be SCOWERING the list of available JUCO/Transfer receivers to try and find players before the fall! Sadly, don't think they are up to the task and we'll probably have the same group on the field week 1.

Over under on victories in the fall...3.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                          I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm taking a wait and see on Allison. I will say that if he has the supporting cast that he had this spring, I don't think he will be good at all. In general, and particularly at WLU, QB gets all the praise when things go well AND all the blame when they go bad. Allison, or whom ever else might end up being the starter in the fall, is going to be sadled with a poor group of "skill" players which will make them look 100 times worse than they might be.

Our coaching staff needs to be SCOWERING the list of available JUCO/Transfer receivers to try and find players before the fall! Sadly, don't think they are up to the task and we'll probably have the same group on the field week 1.

Over under on victories in the fall...3.
                          How's the line play? You can have all the skill you want and a QB you like ... with no line it doesn't matter.

Comment

In comparison to D2 standards the line isn't very good either. It still all falls on the head coach. If you have the talent and are bad, it's the coaching. If you don't have the talent, it's the recruiting. The record over the last so many years says it all. This coaching staff is bad!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

How's the line play? You can have all the skill you want and a QB you like ... with no line it doesn't matter.
                              Well...We've given up only 3 sacks "all season" and Quincy Wimbush's 255 yards (4.5 ypc) ranks him second in the league. Line may not be the best in the league but it doesn't seem like they are the real problem.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X