Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frostburg State D2 Update

The NCAA approved Frostburg State's move into Provisional Year Three of their transition from D3 to D2, effective Sept. 1.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...ive-dii-member

Frostburg joins the College of Staten Island (East Coast Conference) in entering the third year of their respective transitions.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    The NCAA approved Frostburg State's move into Provisional Year Three of their transition from D3 to D2, effective Sept. 1.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...ive-dii-member

Frostburg joins the College of Staten Island (East Coast Conference) in entering the third year of their respective transitions.
    Thank for sharing. Good job Frostburg State!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Thank for sharing. Good job Frostburg State!
      With a little less than 8 weeks until FAIRMONT STATE kicks off the long awaited '21 season on 9/2 @ 7:00 vs my VULCANS, can we get a rundown on expectations for the MEC ? Are we still thinking NDC, FrstSU or UC as odd on contenders ?

Comment

[QUOTE=CALUPA69;n586494]

With a little less than 8 weeks until FAIRMONT STATE kicks off the long awaited '21 season on 9/2 @ 7:00 vs my VULCANS, can we get a rundown on expectations for the MEC? Are we still thinking NDC, FrstSU or UC as odd on contenders?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am.
        Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

With a little less than 8 weeks until FAIRMONT STATE kicks off the long awaited '21 season on 9/2 @ 7:00 vs my VULCANS, can we get a rundown on expectations for the MEC ? Are we still thinking NDC, FrstSU or UC as odd on contenders ?
          I'd add UNCP to the list of possible MEC contenders along with NDC, Frostburg and UC. I'd look for Glenville to be a dark horse...I don't think the spring results are indicative of what the are. If I had to pick, I'd say:

1. NDC
          2. UC
          3. UNCP
          4. Frostburg
          5. Glenville
          6. Fairmont
          7. WV State
          8. Concord
          9. Wheeling
          10. WLU
          11. AB
          12. WVW
          Last edited by boatcapt; 07-11-2021, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Looks like WLU still a whipping boy! How many years must this go on?

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
              Looks like WLU still a whipping boy! How many years must this go on?
              Until our HC gets tired of collecting a pay check and tired of the cold weather. If I were a betting man, I'd say the over/under is five more years.

I said previously, I see the team going 3-8 with wins over Walsh, AB and WVW. Interesting that we play those three games in the first four weeks of the season so could be 3-1 going into the meat of our season. Couple of maybes:

1. QB Jack Allison has been picked as the #18 DII QB in the nation. Everyone knows that WLU begins and ends with QB play. IF he truly is the 18th best DII QB and lives up to those expectations, the win total could be higher.

2. Team confidence can be a heady brew that carries a team. Again, IF WLU can go 3-1 in the first four games AND play ND tough in their loss, they could over achieve and win more games than expected.

3. IF, and this is the hugest if of them all, Allison plays like the 18th best DII QB in the nation and the team goes 3-1 to start the year and goes on a major confidence high, we COULD ballon to 7-4 which given our history for the last 10+ years, would feel like we had won a championship!

But I don't really see that happening. After the spring season, I'd say at best the jury is out on Allison. I'd probably bet that he's not as bad as we say in the spring OR as good as the #18 QB in DII. Team confidence is also a difficult thing to maintain. If WLU does go 3-1 but get's abused by NDC like in the spring were it was 63-7 at the half, team confidence will be very fragile. If Glenville comes in the nest week and scores on their first three possessions and has a 21-0 lead after the first qtr, the confidence will evaporate.
              Last edited by boatcapt; 07-12-2021, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I'd add UNCP to the list of possible MEC contenders along with NDC, Frostburg and UC. I'd look for Glenville to be a dark horse...I don't think the spring results are indicative of what the are. If I had to pick, I'd say:

1. NDC
                2. UC
                3. UNCP
                4. Frostburg
                5. Glenville
                6. Fairmont
                7. WV State
                8. Concord
                9. Wheeling
                10. WLU
                11. AB
                12. WVW
                Boatcap - you do not think WLU can beat Wheeling ?

Comment

Boatcap - you do not think WLU can beat Wheeling ?
                  Unless Allison lives up to his pre-season ranking as the 18th best DII QB in the nation, no, I don't.

Comment

1. Frosburg
                    2. UNCP
                    3. Notre Dame
                    4. UC
                    5. Glenville

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
                      1. Frosburg
                      2. UNCP
                      3. Notre Dame
                      4. UC
                      5. Glenville
                      You know Fitz loves the power running game. Is Facey or Lavat coming back? Or they will be changing up the offense? In fact, is star WR Malik Morris coming back for one more year?
                      Last edited by ShoNuff; 07-19-2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

You know Fitz loves the power running game. Is Facey or Lavat coming back? Or they will be changing up the offense? In fact, is star WR Malik Morris coming back for one more year?
                        Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

Yes
                          Yes to all three questions?

Comment

Yes to all three questions?
                            yes to fitz loving the power run game, all of the other questions i am unable to comment on.

Comment

Still waiting for Frostburg St to post their roster....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X