Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the first line of the FSU update:

Bobcats will return every single player from last year.

https://www.timeswv.com/sports/fairm...ea558886b.html

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
      From the first line of the FSU update:

Bobcats will return every single player from last year.

https://www.timeswv.com/sports/fairm...ea558886b.html
      Yes, I heard Coach Fitz stated this in regards to the starters during the Media Day. I am just trying to see what other players they are bringing in. There are always athletes at the last minute decide not to attend school. a couple of years ago, I recall a player from Southern MD that was suppose to attend Frostburg St, and I thought that kid was going to be very special. But for some reason he never arrived. So I am just wondering...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Yes, I heard Coach Fitz stated this in regards to the starters during the Media Day. I am just trying to see what other players they are bringing in. There are always athletes at the last minute decide not to attend school. a couple of years ago, I recall a player from Southern MD that was suppose to attend Frostburg St, and I thought that kid was going to be very special. But for some reason he never arrived. So I am just wondering...
        Trying to figure out the "decision process" of 19-22 year olds is a futile process. My son was a freshman back-up punter at WLU behind a graduating senior. After the season HC came to him and said he was P1 for the next season and offered him a 25% scholly. Unbenonesed to me at the time, my son said thanks but no thanks, he was giving up football! When I found out, I lost my mind mostly because my son just expected me to foot his entire tuition!!! His reason for quitting? The special teams coach was "mean" to him...pretty ironic given that the coach was his HS coach who had coincidentally joined the WLU staff my sons first season!

Comment

Wow boatcapt , sorry that happen to you.....

Comment

WOW...Frostburg did just about everything they could do in the last four minutes to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory but in the end, came away with the 20-13 win! At the end of the day though, it all counts and the Bobcats are 1-0 on the season!

Comment

WOW...Frostburg did just about everything they could do in the last four minutes to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory but in the end, came away with the 20-13 win! At the end of the day though, it all counts and the Bobcats are 1-0 on the season!

Comment

I was flip-flopping between a few of the PSAC games and forgot all about the Frostburg St game. I did however watched a decent portion of the 2nd half. Far too many mistakes by the Bobcats, They must clean up some things with their OL and secondary. But like you stated boatcapt , at the end of the day, they are 1-0.

Comment

Only saw a very brief portion of the Frostburg St/West Va St game. I see Frostburg ran for over 200 yards and their young QB threw only 14 passes but complete 9 for 3 TDs in a 34-21 win on the road. Need to keep it up before their 9 Oct match up with Notre Dame College.

Comment

Only saw a very brief portion of the Frostburg St/West Va St game. I see Frostburg ran for over 200 yards and their young QB threw only 14 passes but complete 9 for 3 TDs in a 34-21 win on the road. Need to keep it up before their 9 Oct match up with Notre Dame College.
                    Didnt miss much, should of heard the Charleston Players who were there watching the game

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

Didnt miss much, should of heard the Charleston Players who were there watching the game
                      I wonder if Coach Fitz watered down the play-calling since they were playing at Charleston.

Comment

I only saw the 2nd half and OT of the exciting Frostburg St OT victory over Charleston. I really thought Frostburg was going to lose this game. But they were very resilient. This team typically find a way to win the close ones. Just so curious to see them against UNC-Pembroke and Notre Dame College in back-to-back games.

Comment

The winner of the conference will be determined in the next 2 weeks, stay tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
                            The winner of the conference will be determined in the next 2 weeks, stay tuned
                            There is no MEC Championship Game??

Comment

There is no MEC Championship Game??
                              nope, so whoever has the best record/ head to head, wins it.

Comment

Trying to figure out the "decision process" of 19-22 year olds is a futile process. My son was a freshman back-up punter at WLU behind a graduating senior. After the season HC came to him and said he was P1 for the next season and offered him a 25% scholly. Unbenonesed to me at the time, my son said thanks but no thanks, he was giving up football! When I found out, I lost my mind mostly because my son just expected me to foot his entire tuition!!! His reason for quitting? The special teams coach was "mean" to him...pretty ironic given that the coach was his HS coach who had coincidentally joined the WLU staff my sons first season!
                                Boatcapt,

Had a friend's son transfer to UNCP and he loves it there. Plus he doesn't mind only being a little less than an hour and a half's drive to the Myrtle Beach area at all.
                                Check their out of state tuition, you may be quite surprised.
                                Also, check with UNCP's coaching staff, who knows, he may be able to get back on the field in the near future.
                                Best of luck!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X