Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
    If everything goes well on Monday. There will be some surprises in the d2 world
    I guess things didn't go so well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I guess things didn't go so well?
      Things went good from what I heard just need to be patient and let the process play out

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Shepherdstown is not like some kind of Utopia by any means... but Frostburg I don't know who would want to go there if they could stay in Shepherdstown to live. I can't see it.
        Been to both. Frostburg is much more "free" (if that makes sense). Shepherdstown is very concerned about matching house color combinations, street ordinances and building height restrictions.

Comment

• Fitzgerald was making roughly $115k at Frostburg. Not sure what McCook makes at SHep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Fitzgerald was making roughly $115k at Frostburg. Not sure what McCook makes at SHep.
            Looked it up, made ~106K in 2019

Comment

• If it was McCook, and that's a big IF, he could also be negotiating to get more money from Shepherd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                If it was McCook, and that's a big IF, he could also be negotiating to get more money from Shepherd.
                That would make sense. Shepherd should do whatever they have to in order to keep him there

Comment

• Originally posted by MECFAN1421 View Post

That would make sense. Shepherd should do whatever they have to in order to keep him there
                  He and his family are just so entrenched there that it would make no sense for him to take a position at another D2 school in the region. If a FCS team ever comes knocking, that could be a different story.

Comment

If it was McCook, and that's a big IF, he could also be negotiating to get more money from Shepherd.
                    If I had to guess ... that would be it.

He should be getting much more than $106,000/year based on his success, etc. . I'll assume that's up a bit since 2019, but ...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If I had to guess ... that would be it.

He should be getting much more than $106,000/year based on his success, etc. . I'll assume that's up a bit since 2019, but ...
                      To be fair, 2018 was his first season as head coach, but yeah. I'm in favor of paying the man.

Comment

To be fair, 2018 was his first season as head coach, but yeah. I'm in favor of paying the man.
                        In the business world, 2018 was a long, long time ago. His value is much different today. He should easily be negotiating up in the $150,000 range. Gotta strike while you're hot.

Look what James Franklin just did at PSU. His agent floated out rumors about USC, LSU, etc. It worked. PSU shelled out the cash to keep him. Much different scale here in the bus leagues, but I'd guess this is the same concept.

Unless Frostburg could completely 'wow' him with an offer, no coach around is leaving Tyson Bagent and a traditional regional powerhouse.

Comment

He and his family are just so entrenched there that it would make no sense for him to take a position at another D2 school in the region. If a FCS team ever comes knocking, that could be a different story.
                          Didn't he already leave Shepherd once?

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Didn't he already leave Shepherd once?
                            He did, but that was a very different situation. His family wasn't as entrenched, and he didn't stay away long when he did leave.

Comment

He did, but that was a very different situation. His family wasn't as entrenched, and he didn't stay away long when he did leave.
                              It's not like they would be moving across the country. Less than 90 miles between Frostburg State and Shepherd. I would proffer that it will come down to dollars and not just salary $'s. Assuming McCook is even in the running, Frostburg will make a package offer and I would imagine McCook will go back to Shepherd and ask them to give their best and final offer. Of course, that assumes McCook is at the top of the Frostburg list which he may not be. As stated previously, Frostburg is a very desirable position for any number of coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

It's not like they would be moving across the country. Less than 90 miles between Frostburg State and Shepherd. I would proffer that it will come down to dollars and not just salary $'s. Assuming McCook is even in the running, Frostburg will make a package offer and I would imagine McCook will go back to Shepherd and ask them to give their best and final offer. Of course, that assumes McCook is at the top of the Frostburg list which he may not be. As stated previously, Frostburg is a very desirable position for any number of coaches.
                                Please, if mccook wanted it, fsu would be stupid to not go with him. It makes no sense given the family dynamic.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X