Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Panhandle

I know there's a lot of football to play and it may not finish this way, but did anyone predict West Liberty or Wheeling would have better records than Fairmont St, UNC-Pembroke or WV State near the midpoint of the season?!?! Good for those programs--particularly Wheeling, still a relatively new program..

It's worth noting that Wheeling's next three games are at UNCP, at Frostburg and home vs. West Liberty. If the Cardinals can pick up at least one win against those three, then I think you can call them a program on the rise.

Their wins have come against Seton Hill, AB, Glenville and WV Wesleyan, with their loss coming against NDC (31-15).

I had to put Wheeling's record in context, but for a second year program, that they've got four wins on the season is quite the accomplishment.

As for West Liberty, their wins have come against WVW, Glenville and AB, with losses to Walsh (???) and NDC. So, perhaps we can slow the roll on the 'Toppers.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
      It's worth noting that Wheeling's next three games are at UNCP, at Frostburg and home vs. West Liberty. If the Cardinals can pick up at least one win against those three, then I think you can call them a program on the rise.

Their wins have come against Seton Hill, AB, Glenville and WV Wesleyan, with their loss coming against NDC (31-15).

I had to put Wheeling's record in context, but for a second year program, that they've got four wins on the season is quite the accomplishment.

As for West Liberty, their wins have come against WVW, Glenville and AB, with losses to Walsh (???) and NDC. So, perhaps we can slow the roll on the 'Toppers.
      The Cards actually lost to SHU in Greensburg 14-16.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Agree on slowing the roll on WLU. Their 3 wins have come against teams that collectively are 1-13. Still, it's good to be above .500 at the mid point on the season. WLU hasn't been above 500 after five games since 2015.

Comment

I'm definitely not tagging West Liberty as an emerging force in the Mountain East Conference--just understanding it's not a record they're accustomed to having at this point in the season. As far as Wheeling--you have to start somewhere and they're proving to be better than conference basement dwellers as a relatively new program. That's deserving of some kudos.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

The Cards actually lost to SHU in Greensburg 14-16.
            Yeah, my brain was kinda on shutdown mode when I replied...
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post
              I'm definitely not tagging West Liberty as an emerging force in the Mountain East Conference--just understanding it's not a record they're accustomed to having at this point in the season. As far as Wheeling--you have to start somewhere and they're proving to be better than conference basement dwellers as a relatively new program. That's deserving of some kudos.
              Worth noting that per Massey, WLU is currently the dog in all their remaining games including the game v Wheeling were he gives WLU a 19% chance of winning!! Personally, I think this weeks game v Concord is a toss-up...Beyond that, any Topper W's would be a surprise.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X