Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Frostburg coach

Any word on where they are moving with their search?

Frostburg State University named OL coach Angelo Luvara the interim head coach:

https://frostburgsports.com/news/202...all-coach.aspx

Comment

They are in the process of Vetting Finalists

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman44 View Post
        So, are they on their second option? It was presented to us like they had a target. Did that target fall through?

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

So, are they on their second option? It was presented to us like they had a target. Did that target fall through?
          Yes it fell through. Due to Alabama beating Cincy Nick Saban will not interview for the Frostburg job until after the NC game.

To listen to these FSU posters quote sources and rumors and end up tagging their own OLine coach as interim coach is pretty embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

Yes it fell through. Due to Alabama beating Cincy Nick Saban will not interview for the Frostburg job until after the NC game.

To listen to these FSU posters quote sources and rumors and end up tagging their own OLine coach as interim coach is pretty embarrassing.
            Sorry...but I have to agree with you. This is embarrassing . And I am afraid this might hurt their recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Sorry...but I have to agree with you. This is embarrassing . And I am afraid this might hurt their recruiting.
              It's still possible that they pull a rabbit out of the hat and hire someone big. But even a good coordinator will seem like a disappointment after how things were hyped up here, even though that coordinator may still end up being a great coach.

Comment

Any big names in the final rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by MECFAN1421 View Post

Any big names in the final rounds?
                  I am guessing there were a few on their wish list, but probably could not get any to really consider Frostburg State. Probably the Southern Utah hiring of former Frostburg State Defensive Coordinator John Kelling as their new Defensive Coordinator (according to Kelling's twitter account) REALLY threw a monkey wrench into their plans. According to his bio, the current interim head coach was a head coach for 21 years at then Potomac State College. Maybe this will work out....I definitely wish them well.
                  Last edited by ShoNuff; 01-03-2022, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I am guessing there were a few on their wish list, but probably could not get any to really consider Frostburg State. Probably the Southern Utah hiring of former Frostburg State Defensive Coordinator John Kelling as their new Defensive Coordinator (according to Kelling's twitter account) REALLY threw a monkey wrench into their plans. According to his bio, the current interim head coach was a head coach for 21 years at then Potomac State College. Maybe this will work out....I definitely wish them well.
                    Did a quick search on Angelo Luvara and discovered he's no spring chicken. Which pretty much describes me and it turns out we nearly went to high school together. With 8 yrs at FSU, 13 at Berkeley Springs HS and 21 at PSC the total of 42 years puts him somewhere in his 60s. His bio lists his high school as South Hills Catholic ( since '79 Seton-Lasalle HS and Gary Dunn's alma mater) which means we missed one another by 5-10 years. Small world !!

Comment

Maybe not read too much in to the 'interim' tag. This is common practice. In most cases it just means he's in charge until the actual guy is hired. They have to start the weightlifting programs, etc., as soon as the kids report back from break. Somebody has to be in charge -- even in a temporary role.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Maybe not read too much in to the 'interim' tag. This is common practice. In most cases it just means he's in charge until the actual guy is hired. They have to start the weightlifting programs, etc., as soon as the kids report back from break. Somebody has to be in charge -- even in a temporary role.
                        I believe that is fair to say.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

hard to recruit to that. not impossible but difficult. I think it would be hard to compete vs Sheperd, Bowie State, Notre Dame and Charleston for the same kids and win.

Comment

Comment

Appreciate the update MECFAN1421 .

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X