Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Maybe not read too much in to the 'interim' tag. This is common practice. In most cases it just means he's in charge until the actual guy is hired. They have to start the weightlifting programs, etc., as soon as the kids report back from break. Somebody has to be in charge -- even in a temporary role.
    I think you are right. While it is odd for the school to formally announce it, I don't think it is as rare in practice as some seem to think. Jan/Feb is a pretty busy time for a football program. Need an experienced guy who understands how the previous very successful guy did it and has the confidence of the remaining coaches, players and potential recruits.

Comment

Well, Frostburg State have announced their new Head Coach via Twitter, which is the D-Coord Eric Wagoner:

https://twitter.com/frostburgsports/...CyhZn_jZApAAAA

They also announced the hiring via their web site:

https://frostburgsports.com/news/202...all-coach.aspx
      Last edited by ShoNuff; 01-13-2022, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
        Well, Frostburg State have announced their new Head Coach via Twitter, which is the D-Coord Eric Wagoner:

https://twitter.com/frostburgsports/...CyhZn_jZApAAAA

They also announced the hiring via their web site:

https://frostburgsports.com/news/202...all-coach.aspx
        So they spent all this time, named another internal coach the interim coach and then still hired within. Seems like the FSU crowd was a lot of bluster early on in this process. Hope this turns into a solid hire for them but how they got there, and a press conference at a later date is just weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

So they spent all this time, named another internal coach the interim coach and then still hired within. Seems like the FSU crowd was a lot of bluster early on in this process. Hope this turns into a solid hire for them but how they got there, and a press conference at a later date is just weird.
          I honestly think they went after bigger fish and came up empty. For all I know, this guy will be fantastic and lead them for many years, but it isn't the head turner that we were told would happen.

Comment

I don't get it.. why would they make the OL coach interim and then hire the D coordinator coach as the new head coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I honestly think they went after bigger fish and came up empty. For all I know, this guy will be fantastic and lead them for many years, but it isn't the head turner that we were told would happen.
              While I have no knowledge of what went down, I kind of agree with you Ram Tough . Not sure how big of a fish they went after, but I think they went after former Lock Haven Head Coach John Kelling, who was previously the very loved D-Coordinator at Frostburg State. However, I am guessing that Southern Utah "out-bidded" Frostburg St for Coach Kelling. Therefore, they moved on to "Plan B".

Comment

Originally posted by NDCfan View Post
                I don't get it.. why would they make the OL coach interim and then hire the D coordinator coach as the new head coach?
                NDCfan - My only guess is that maybe Frostburg State felt it needed a head coach in place to help their recruiting efforts. That is just a guess on my part.

Comment

Wow, very lackluster hire, can't fault them. They went after their big fish but came up empty

Comment

Originally posted by MECFAN1421 View Post
                    Wow, very lackluster hire, can't fault them. They went after their big fish but came up empty
                    I don't think most people would make a big deal out of it if a big hire wasn't promised to us. Still, he might end up being a great coach and hire.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I don't think most people would make a big deal out of it if a big hire wasn't promised to us. Still, he might end up being a great coach and hire.
                      True. Like any first time HC we will just have to wait and see. I do think it's telling that none of the FSU fans have said anything. I'd be curious to know if they are just embarrassed their bragging didn't come to fruition or if they don't like the hire.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

True. Like any first time HC we will just have to wait and see. I do think it's telling that none of the FSU fans have said anything. I'd be curious to know if they are just embarrassed their bragging didn't come to fruition or if they don't like the hire.
                        Maybe Real_FSU_47 is waiting for Feb. 2 to stick his head up ?!?

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Maybe Real_FSU_47 is waiting for Feb. 2 to stick his head up ?!?
                          Looks like you beat me to the punch....lol !

Comment

That was uneventful ... wow.

Comment

Not quite the direction folks seemed to think this was going. Hopefully he is up for it. The MEC needs FSU to be a strong program.

Comment

Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
                                Not quite the direction folks seemed to think this was going. Hopefully he is up for it. The MEC needs FSU to be a strong program.
                                I believe the coach is up for the task at hand. But he does have to complete his coaching staff, for Coach Fitz brought 3 coaches from Frostburg St with him. Now I want to see what they are going to do with recruiting, because other than the OL, they have a ton of starters to replace.
                                Last edited by ShoNuff; 01-19-2022, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X