Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDon, hope you are not a Mountaineer fan too! If so, it's been a long hard season.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post

I took a look at Notre Dame's football schedule. They are real concerned about us. They have already put on their schedule that they will be in the playoff on November 19th. LOL!
      I like the Battlers sprint football more than the D2 team. I've been watching them online too and they look more disciplined than the D2 team. They went 2-5 this season which is an improvement over last season by two wins. Kudos to Coach Perotti, his staff and the players. I just wish the sprint football season was longer. As far as Notre Dame goes, that arrogance will catch up to them in the playoffs.

​​​​​​
      Last edited by crixus; 11-10-2022, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Alderson Broaddus Battlers 40 Chestnut Hill Griffins 31

​​​​​​
        Last edited by crixus; 11-10-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

https://gobattlers.com/sports/sprint.../boxscore/6579

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
          Last edited by crixus; 11-10-2022, 12:52 PM.

Comment

AB Battlers (D2) football record over the last six seasons.

2017: 3-8 overall 2-5 GMAC
            2018: 4-7 overall 3-5 GMAC
            2019: 1-9 overall 1-6 GMAC
            2020: 0-4 overall 0-4 MEC (season cut short by Covid-19)
            2021: 1-10 overall 1-9 MEC
            2022: 0-10 overall 0-9 MEC (with one game to go vs NDC)

2016 was the last winning season.

Last edited by crixus; 11-10-2022, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
              AB Battlers (D2) football record over the last six seasons.

2017: 3-8 overall 2-5 GMAC
              2018: 4-7 overall 3-5 GMAC
              2019: 1-9 overall 1-6 GMAC
              2020: 0-4 overall 0-4 MEC (season cut short by Covid-19)
              2021: 1-10 overall 1-9 MEC
              2022: 0-10 overall 0-9 MEC (with one game to go vs NDC)

2016 was the last winning season.

Not to mention AB moved to an easier conference for football and has done much worse. Time to start over.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Not to mention AB moved to an easier conference for football and has done much worse. Time to start over.
                If you mean hire a new head coach, I agree. But I think they'll keep Travis Everhart on for at least another season. Unfortunately. :(
                Last edited by crixus; 11-11-2022, 04:53 AM.

Comment

I like the Battlers sprint football more than the D2 team. I've been watching them online too and they look more disciplined than the D2 team. They went 2-5 this season which is an improvement over last season by two wins. Kudos to Coach Perotti, his staff and the players. I just wish the sprint football season was longer. As far as Notre Dame goes, that arrogance will catch up to them in the playoffs.

​​​​​​

How does the Sprint program work? Do those players try out for the varsity team and those who don't make it get assigned to Sprint? Or, is it just kids who want to play but perhaps not want the commitment of the D2 team?

Is it fairly rare for a school to have both a D2 team and a Sprint team? I recall when Mansfield dropped D2 football they formed a Sprint team. Obviously it's an enrollment booster.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

How does the Sprint program work? Do those players try out for the varsity team and those who don't make it get assigned to Sprint? Or, is it just kids who want to play but perhaps not want the commitment of the D2 team?

Is it fairly rare for a school to have both a D2 team and a Sprint team? I recall when Mansfield dropped D2 football they formed a Sprint team. Obviously it's an enrollment booster.
                    ​​​​​​It's about weight, 178 pounds maximum. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprint_football

There's 9 teams in the Collegiate Spring Football League and another 6 in the new Midwest Sprint Football League (and they're adding 2 more teams next year - the MSFL Commissioner told me that in an email).
                    Last edited by crixus; 11-11-2022, 12:53 PM.

Comment

It's about weight, 178 pounds maximum. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprint_football

There's 9 teams in the Collegiate Spring Football League and another 6 in the new Midwest Sprint Football League (and they're adding 2 more teams next year - the MSFL Commissioner told me that in an email).
                      Thanks for sharing, had never looked into spring football before.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Thanks for sharing, had never looked into spring football before.
                        You're welcome and I apologize for my typo. It's Sprint football, not spring. My ape like fingers are too big for my laptop. :D

The Sprint football season just ended, so check it out next year. I love it, even the linemen are in great shape.

Comment

Saturday, November 12th - Notre Dame College Falcons @ Alderson Broaddus University Battlers

Half Time - Battlers 3 Falcons 3

Shocking, to say the least.

Comment

Notre Dame got the FG late.

The players are playing inspired ball and haven't quit on the school or coaches. They are leaving Santino Franklin isolated 1-on-1 a lot. I sure hope we take a few more shots down field to him in the second half. Defense played very well. They held on that last drive.

Women's basketball is playing right now and also playing inspired basketball with 8 players. We won yesterday vs Shepherd and are in a close game with UPJ at the current moment.

Comment

Reality has set in and Notre Dame has pulled ahead to lead 17-3 at the end of the 3rd quarter.
                              Last edited by crixus; 11-12-2022, 02:24 PM.

Comment

AB loses to NDC 27-3 on Senior Day and the Battlers finish the season 0-11 overall, 0-10 MEC.

That's all for 2022...
                                Last edited by crixus; 11-12-2022, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X