Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNC Pembroke Hires Chowan's Head Coach Mark Hall.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNC Pembroke Hires Chowan's Head Coach Mark Hall.

UNC Pembroke finds new head coach at in-state D-II program

Congratulations Braves! Looks like an excellent choice.

Glad Hall gave Chowan a good amount of notice ahead of time before pulling the plug on being their head coach......
    ​​​
    As a recent ally for Chowan football I know you must have ill feelings towards UNCP for stealing Chowan's coach......
    ​​​​

Comment

Yikes! This puts Chowan in a lurch. I don’t know if they are a school where the coach does most or all of the scheduling or if they have an AD that does it. This could make things tough for them with no conference and no coach.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
        Glad Hall gave Chowan a good amount of notice ahead of time before pulling the plug on being their head coach......
        ​​​
        As a recent ally for Chowan football I know you must have ill feelings towards UNCP for stealing Chowan's coach......
        ​​​​
        Chowan's option to simply elevate one of their multiple existing qualified Assistant Coaches, or to make a new hire, is by far much easier that trying to rebuild an upcoming playing schedule from scratch.

With that being said, will WSSU schedule in-state D2 opponent Chowan as opposed to playing OOC teams such as out of region Central State (Ohio) or even out of division NCCU this coming season? Based on the fact that Coach Hall left Chowan on good terms, I'm sure that UNCP will be adding them to their schedule.

If you know football, you should know that college coaches come and go on a regular basis, without major disruptions. However college teams having basically the complete schedule yanked prior to an upcoming season is extremely uncommon. I'm fully confident that Chowan's program will move forward, and I'm sure chalk this up to experience, even if they play as an Independent for a year or two.

From experience, I know that Chowan is growing and has a lot of really nice people over there. My hope is that someday in the near future, they end up in or as a part of a complete conference.
        Last edited by Eagle74; 12-15-2022, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Chowan's option to simply elevate one of their multiple existing qualified Assistant Coaches, or to make a new hire, is by far much easier that trying to rebuild an upcoming playing schedule from scratch.

With that being said, will WSSU schedule in-state D2 opponent Chowan as opposed to playing OOC teams such as out of region Central State (Ohio) or even out of division NCCU this coming season? Based on the fact that Coach Hall left Chowan on good terms, I'm sure that UNCP will be adding them to their schedule.

If you know football, you should know that college coaches come and go on a regular basis, without major disruptions. However college teams having basically the complete schedule yanked prior to an upcoming season is extremely uncommon. I'm fully confident that Chowan's program will move forward, and I'm sure chalk this up to experience, even if they play as an Independent for a year or two.

From experience, I know that Chowan is growing and has a lot of really nice people over there. My hope is that someday in the near future, they end up in or as a part of a complete conference.
          You're right a team is in such an easy position to just find a replacement coach in December. Sure just promote an assistant or make a new hire, easy solution. Let's not consider how this might impact the team with guys deciding to transfer or recruits decommiting. I'm sure Mark Hall is an honorable man and would not dare try to flip any current Chowan recurits over to UNCP.

Not sure what WSSU has to do with this topic, but since you asked. If you know D2 football then you would know that Central State is a member of the SIAC which is a SR2 conference. Therefore, our game against them counted as an in region game (and we got paid to play the game). As it relates to NCCU, we got paid to play a former rival so it is what it is. It's not like we were close to sniffing the playoffs so having one less D2 game didn't make a difference.

Plenty of schools fall off after a successful coach leaves and it takes a long time (if ever) for them to return to glory. Chowan finally won the division and posted back to back solid seasons. It will take some time for them to see that level of success again.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Not sure what WSSU has to do with this topic, but since you asked. As it relates to NCCU, we got paid to play.

Plenty of schools fall off after a successful coach leaves and it takes a long time (if ever) for them to return to glory. Chowan finally won the division and posted back to back solid seasons. It will take some time for them to see that level of success again.
            Interesting, never been a fan at all of a school willing to pimp their team for a paycheck, especially when they're so outmatched, but to each their own.

In reference to a program falling off after a successful coach leaves, I'm sure you wouldn't mind having your Rams going down to face WFU this coming season. LOL, I already know what that outcome would look like.

Again, just curious if WSSU will be scheduling Chowan this coming season, especially after last season's outcome?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Interesting, never been a fan at all of a school willing to pimp their team for a paycheck, especially when they're so outmatched, but to each their own.

In reference to a program falling off after a successful coach leaves, I'm sure you wouldn't mind having your Rams going down to face WFU this coming season. LOL, I already know what that outcome would look like.

Again, just curious if WSSU will be scheduling Chowan this coming season, especially after last season's outcome?
              Eagle come on you are better then this. I know you like to troll, but please stick to the topic. You're in the MEC group on a topic about Chowan and UNCP, yet you keep trying to bring WSSU in the conversation. I will address your last post, but hopefully you can get back on topic if you choose to respond.

1. I'm not a fan of money games either, yet we almost beat NCCU in 2021 so it wasn't an automatic gurantee that we were going to get blown out this year.

2. I don't know if you are referring to West Florida or trying to be funny and reference Wake Forest (which obviously we can't play them). Either way neither team and our chance to play them has remotely anything to do with Chowan, UNCP, or the MEC. This comment is so far out of left field I really don't know how to respond further.

3. I'd guess we already have our OOC games figured out for next year. The CIAA only allows OOC games in the first two weeks so there probably isn't much room to schedule Chowan next year. Will we play Chowan in the future? I don't know, but the fact that they put up 70+ on us in 2021 and the fact that we put up 70+ on them in 2014 probably won't be a determining factor on rather we play again in the future or not.

Comment

Happy Holidays, and best of luck to your Rams this coming season.

Back to MEC Football.

Comment

Pembroke hired the Chowan DC, Colin Neely. Colin is a good dude - got to know him when he was a very young DC at Edinboro in the PSAC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X