Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assumption QB Situation

I was shocked last Firday when my friend called me and told me Marc Monks would not start at QB for Assunption in the first game of the season. My first Thought was what is this new coaching staff thinking. After all Monks had the school record for most passing yards in a season , TD passes in a season, Total yards in a season and is first or second in most career passing records. I have seen Monks and Assumption play in person 13 times in the last 3 seasons. Monks is a winner he just gets the job done. When he throws the ball he puts it in a postion only the receiver can catch the ball and throws to all many differnt players. The 2 things I like best about Monks is he hangs in the pocket and does not turn the ball over. I think he only got sacked 9 times and throw 5 INTs in the regular season. This season will most likely come down to a three week period where they play At New Haven Home to LIU Post and at Bentley. I think it is a mistake to change the QB but time will tell.

Re: Assumption QB Situation

Originally posted by budman View Post
    Marc Monks would not start at QB for Assunption in the first game of the season. My first Thought was what is this new coaching staff thinking. After all Monks had the school record for most passing yards in a season , TD passes in a season, Total yards in a season and is first or second in most career passing records.
    Well, Monks might start in the second week?

Comment

I was surprised too. I was following the game with the stat tracker and thought there was an injury. The coach said that Williams won the job out of camp but both would play, of which the second part of that statement was barely true.

Comment

Williams adds a shifty run dimension, see his 52 yard run that gave them their first lead on Saturday. He has a legit arm. Monks has had all the intangibles though. The new staff saw something in Williams during camp to give him the start.
        AC would have been in the Nat. Semi's had Monks not gone down last year, yet Williams almost won it for them with a 50 yard laser to Grant that got called back. New offense? Time will tell.
        https://www.app.com/story/sports/col...sfer/95786842/

Comment

I was at that game last year. You forget to tell us why it was called back Williams was a good 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Comment

Originally posted by budman View Post
            I was at that game last year. You forget to tell us why it was called back Williams was a good 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.
            I'll give you a yard and a half which is true, but nobody dropped coverage, especially the two guys covering Grant.

Comment

McKenzie said it was a close competition and Williams won it. They are both capable of playing and winning games. Williams transferred from Monmouth so he is not a slouch.

I think both will play and the hot hand will play more. Both were horrible in the 1st half last week and then Williams got the offense moving. He was good in the 2nd half and it a dual threat more than Monks.

Comment

Anybody who is good enough to beat out Mark Monks must be pretty darn good.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP '68 View Post
                  Anybody who is good enough to beat out Mark Monks must be pretty darn good.
                  They both played again tonight. Williams saw more time but Monks threw a 78 yd TD to Harris.

It looks like both will play each week until one really separates from the other. They are both solid so I don't see that happening.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X