Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pace football.

I was looking at Pace's remaining schedule and I thought the Setters chances of having a wining football season is actually good. What do ya'll thing?

Re: Pace football.

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
    I was looking at Pace's remaining schedule and I thought the Setters chances of having a wining football season is actually good. What do ya'll thing?
    Doubtful. Pace hasn't had more than 3 wins in a season in a decade and hasn't had winning record in almost 20 years. Figure LIU Post is a loss, so that means they need to win 4 out of 5 from Stonehill, Bentley, So Connecticut, Merrimack and St Anselm. Just don't see it happening.

Comment

THey have the talent to beat All the teams left on there remainning Schedule except LIU POST. I do not see them lossing more than two games. I put there chances at 50 / 50 for a winning season.

Comment

If Pace wins Saturday, they will be in the same exact position as last year at the same point. 3-2 overall and 2-2 in the NE-10.

They have the talent to win some games but they struggled in the second half last year. They need to figure that out this season and not become the doormat for the rest of the season.

I think that they can win 2-3 more games this year and finish 5-5 overall. They are more talented than last year and have a QB capable of scoring everytime he touches the ball. The D is better but they need to clean up the penalties. They need to be disciplined and not shoot themselves in the foot like last Friday night.

4-6 or 5-5 as their final record is a good season in my eyes for them.

Comment

Originally posted by budman View Post
          THey have the talent to beat All the teams left on there remainning Schedule except LIU POST. I do not see them lossing more than two games. I put there chances at 50 / 50 for a winning season.
          If this is the case, then it should put Pace at 6-4?

Comment

It will be tough for them to get to 6. Their defense will need to be there for the entire 60 minutes. Bentley, SCSU, and Merrimack can beat them along with Post.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
              It will be tough for them to get to 6. Their defense will need to be there for the entire 60 minutes. Bentley, SCSU, and Merrimack can beat them along with Post.
              Yes any of the teams above can beat them but Pace is much more athletic than all of them.

Comment

I stand corrected. Setters should easily take Merrimack and Saint Anselm. A win against Southern Connecticut would make them no worse than 7-3!

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                  I stand corrected. Setters should easily take Merrimack and Saint Anselm. A win against Southern Connecticut would make them no worse than 7-3!
                  Huh? Yeah ok. Whatever you say HC.
                  Last edited by NewHaven Alum; 10-13-2018, 03:58 PM.

Comment

H'mmm; next week's Post- Pace matchup suddenly looms large on the NE10 radar screen. The Pioneers had better not take this team lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP '68 View Post
                      H'mmm; next week's Post- Pace matchup suddenly looms large on the NE10 radar screen. The Pioneers had better not take this team lightly.
                      It is a battle of top 4 teams.

Comment

Huh, this statement is becoming more and more realistic every week now, actually looking great. What do ya'll think?

Comment

Huh, this statement is becoming more and more realistic every week now, actually looking great. What do ya'll think?
                          Saturday is Senior day at Pace. This class has gone 1-10, 0-11, 3-7 and is now 5-3. A win at home clinches Pace's first winning season since 1999. Pace has never beaten Merrimack. I think the Setters have a great chance to exorcise some demons this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by harlancounty View Post
                            Saturday is Senior day at Pace. This class has gone 1-10, 0-11, 3-7 and is now 5-3. A win at home clinches Pace's first winning season since 1999. Pace has never beaten Merrimack. I think the Setters have a great chance to exorcise some demons this weekend.
                            What happened to the Aiken kid. He had 163 yards passing and 159 yards rushing vs Assumption. The next week he had 240 passing with 4 TD's versus Stonehill. Nothing after that. They could have had that elusive winning season wrapped up by now.

Comment

It's wild to think that Pace might end the season having the same record as Assumption does at 7-3. The three lost came in the hands of the three top teams in the conference. WOW.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X