Re: NE10 Week 5 Scores

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    Final from Westchester: Pace 51, Stonehill 30
    Wow

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
      Final from Westchester: Pace 51, Stonehill 30
      Last edited by cwfenn; 09-29-2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Congratulations to the Pioneers for their fourth straight win at Merrimack. Once again, the offense took a while to get started, but then turned up the jets, and the defense played another solid 4 quarters. Next up; a challenging road game at PSAC East power Shippensburg.

Comment

Solid game for Post. Defense held them basically all game till the last quarter, MC scored on a deep pass with 0 seconds left for their last score. Interested to see the game against SHIP next week.

Comment

The Post D is good.

The Pace O is exciting.

New Haven always plays close games at home.

Assumption is playing at a different level right now.

As we discussed last week, New Haven, Assumption and Post are clearly the best teams in the league. The weekends of October 20th and 27th will start to decide who wins the league as Assumption plays at New Haven and then hosts Post.

Something will have to give with 3 teams being undefeated in league play but we need to wait 20 more days before that happens.

Comment

The Pace QB (Aiken?) is good.

Comment

UNH Game Notes

Sorry this is late but its still a busy time recovering and trying to keep life going.

Good win for the chargers but it was way too close.

Chargers made way too many mistakes and had a lot of penalties.

We just so happen to be being driven in a cart to our seats with my 83 year old Dad getting the top level booster treatment lol when we passed the Bentley team going back to the lockers pre game.
                I was struck immediately by not just the size of their line but they looked so dam mean like they would be right at home at the old Rathskeller bar in Boston in the 80's lol. I knew right then that this was going
                to be a tough game for UNH. I now understand why Bentley was slotted third in the pre conference polling.

UNH relied a lot on their ground game but kept on making mistakes and taking dumb penalties allowing Bentley who was playing inspired football, to hang with us through the entire game. When New Haven punted back to them clinging to a small lead late this game was absolutely in the balance but Chargers hung on for the win.

Overall this was a step backwards for this team. If we play this way against LIU post or Assumption we get creamed. UNH has to play tighter and smarter so we can maximize strengths and minimize weaknesses. The hard game are coming up soon and UNH needs to play its best for us to have a chance to be league champions.

J

Comment

Originally posted by jim816 View Post
                  UNH Game Notes

Sorry this is late but its still a busy time recovering and trying to keep life going.

Good win for the chargers but it was way too close.

Chargers made way too many mistakes and had a lot of penalties.

We just so happen to be being driven in a cart to our seats with my 83 year old Dad getting the top level booster treatment lol when we passed the Bentley team going back to the lockers pre game.
                  I was struck immediately by not just the size of their line but they looked so dam mean like they would be right at home at the old Rathskeller bar in Boston in the 80's lol. I knew right then that this was going
                  to be a tough game for UNH. I now understand why Bentley was slotted third in the pre conference polling.

UNH relied a lot on their ground game but kept on making mistakes and taking dumb penalties allowing Bentley who was playing inspired football, to hang with us through the entire game. When New Haven punted back to them clinging to a small lead late this game was absolutely in the balance but Chargers hung on for the win.

Overall this was a step backwards for this team. If we play this way against LIU post or Assumption we get creamed. UNH has to play tighter and smarter so we can maximize strengths and minimize weaknesses. The hard game are coming up soon and UNH needs to play its best for us to have a chance to be league champions.

J
                  I looked at the computer simulations having New Haven winning by 3 TD's and laughed. Bentley is as tough as nails and the games with them are almost always nail-biters.

You're right, the Chargers need to cut down on the mistakes. I remember the Bryant game, they would have had a shot to win if not for the picks in the red zone.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X