Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LIU to become one program

What does success have anything to do with this discussion? The fact that NE10 teams have hung with the top team in the NEC the past two years indicates to me that the competition in that league can't be that much better. And since you brought it up, how many teams in that conference make the playoffs? 2017=1, 2016=1, 2015=1. I wish the LIU Ducks nothing but success in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post
      What does success have anything to do with this discussion? The fact that NE10 teams have hung with the top team in the NEC the past two years indicates to me that the competition in that league can't be that much better. And since you brought it up, how many teams in that conference make the playoffs? 2017=1, 2016=1, 2015=1. I wish the LIU Ducks nothing but success in the future.

Comment

Neither the Pioneers nor the Blackbirds. The powers that be at LIU are graciously going to allow the students and alumni to pick a new mascot. My choice is "Joe Jammer," perpetually caught in bumper-to-bumper traffic on the Long Island Expressway while trying to commute between the LIU Brooklyn and Post campuses.

Comment

NE10 Fan: Ah, you may be right; it's not that Assumption has had a successful run that has you all puffed up. Maybe you're just a sarcastic twerp.

Comment

Yes, both leagues are beanbag leagues and the common denominator is LIU will have played in both. How about the new name: LIU Poster Boys?

Comment

Originally posted by CWP '68 View Post
              NE10 Fan: Ah, you may be right; it's not that Assumption has had a successful run that has you all puffed up. Maybe you're just a sarcastic twerp.
              No, I think it's a NY thing.

Comment

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post
                No, I think it's a NY thing.

Comment

Save it for the field on October 27th please!!!!!!

Comment

Wow getting feisty in here looks like a PSAC board full of angry yinzers haha

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                      It's curious that on the PSAC and MEC pages a lot was made of whether SHEPHERD had been poached by the more established league. It certainly looks like that the NEC is doing it's best to hasten the demise of the NE10.
                      It's kind of strange-I don't think football is really driving these moves. Post seems to have been pulled in to what Brooklyn wanted, but the Post people would know better than I would. Merrimack probably wanted to move up since they're already D1 in hockey?

As far as the NE10's status is concerned - I would guess that the conference isn't happy with the schools moving out, but I don't see them scrambling like crazy to restock because that isn't how they are. How the other football-serious schools (particularly New Haven and Assumption) react to this is still to be seen.

Comment

Kid, I dont think I stooped that low in any posts that would warrent this kind of response.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
                          Wow getting feisty in here looks like a PSAC board full of angry yinzers haha
                          Wonder if I could speak Pittsburghese with a Boston or NY accent...
                          Last edited by cwfenn; 10-06-2018, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                            Wonder if I could speak Pittsburghese with a Boston or NY accent...

Comment

I wonder what the rules are regarding separate campuses. Does anybody know about UTRGV?
                              IUFW's split may be a completely different animal, but they had issues regarding athletes from two schools (Yes I know LIU is not two different schools.) http://www.journalgazette.net/news/l...-in-fort-wayne
                              Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                                Georgetown's Cooper Field is listed at 2500.

I've been to Multi-Sport Field a few times. There are D3 stadiums that are nicer.

I don't think there are any DI-AA/FCS stadium seating capacity requirements, but I can tell you some of the teams in the general region, such as Lafayette (Easton, PA), Lehigh (Bethlehem, PA), Delaware (Newark, DE), and Towson (Towson, MD) have fairly nice stadiums with capacities of 10K+ fans. Some of the relatively nearby Ivy League schools, like Penn (historic Franklin Field) and Princeton have very large stadiums by DI-AA standards.

Hopefully the combined Long Island University can develop some nice rivalries with schools like Stony Brook, Wagner, and Fordham.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X