Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LIU to become one program

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
    I wonder what the rules are regarding separate campuses. Does anybody know about UTRGV?
    IUFW's split may be a completely different animal, but they had issues regarding athletes from two schools (Yes I know LIU is not two different schools.) http://www.journalgazette.net/news/l...-in-fort-wayne
    It is not three schools. There is also a LIU-BRENTWOOD campus just off the LIE @exit 53. Can those students participate in the combined sports program ?

Comment

Re: LIU to become one program

Originally posted by CWP '68 View Post
      What exactly do you mean by a "beanbag" league in referring to the NEC? With the decision of the NE10 to eliminate Championship Weekend and cut back to a 10-game schedule (thereby virtually guaranteeing that the NE10 will never again put two teams into the NCAA playoffs), could not the same unflattering adjective be applied to the NE10? Don't let a couple of seasons of success at Assumption go to your head. The fact that the majority of NE10 schools voted against Championship Weekend for financial reasons indicates that they are NOT willing to move their programs and/or conference to the next level.
      The decision was for academic reasons, from what I remember from last year. The individual growth of a student athlete is more important than 2 playoff bids.

Comment

I realize the 2019 season isn't over, but there's been enough time to get a read on things in the FCS.

LIU stands at 0-8 with a loss at Villanova pending tonight. They'll have chance at fellow former NE10 member Merrimack next week.

Merrimack stands at 4-5, but upon closer examination, their wins came to National Christina College Athletic Association Virginia-Lynchburg (0-8), NAIA member Mayville (2-8), Delaware State (2-8) and Presbyterian (1-9).

Related, former NE10 member Bryant is 2-8 with wins over (can you guess?) Merrimack and LIU.

Maybe their other sports are doing well?

Comment

Merrimack gets to pad their record again as they play Franklin Pierce, who just lost to Bentley 77-0. A .500 season in their first year of D1 will be impressive on paper 10 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
            I realize the 2019 season isn't over, but there's been enough time to get a read on things in the FCS.

LIU stands at 0-8 with a loss at Villanova pending tonight. They'll have chance at fellow former NE10 member Merrimack next week.

Merrimack stands at 4-5, but upon closer examination, their wins came to National Christina College Athletic Association Virginia-Lynchburg (0-8), NAIA member Mayville (2-8), Delaware State (2-8) and Presbyterian (1-9).

Related, former NE10 member Bryant is 2-8 with wins over (can you guess?) Merrimack and LIU.

Maybe their other sports are doing well?
            It's all about a possible basketball payoff. NORTH ALABAMA, ,former D2 power, is 3-7 going into final game. Loses include MONMOUTH 38-49 and MONTANA 17-61. Unfortunately for UNA their MBB team also sucks.

Comment

I was told Clemson paid Wofford 1.9 Million to play them this year. Final, 59-14 TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS 702 to 256. That's about $2706.55 per yard!

Comment

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post
                I was told Clemson paid Wofford 1.9 Million to play them this year. Final, 59-14 TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS 702 to 256. That's about $2706.55 per yard!
                As long as no one gets hurt, take the money and run !!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X