Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NE10 Week 8 Scores

Full slate today including the big one on the blue turf!

Re: NE10 Week 8 Scores

New Haven and Assumption scoreless after one.

Comment

Post 21-Pace 0 at halftime.

Comment

New Haven dominated the second quarter and lead 20-0 at the half. The only mistake has been a missed extra point. Lots of football left though.

Comment

In the third on the blue turf, former baseball player Joe Caico catches his first TD. New Haven now up 27-0. Assumption is in big trouble.

Comment

Assumption gets one back, cuts the New Haven lead to 27-7.

Comment

Comment

UNH Game Notes

A tale of two halves.
                After a scoreless first quarter Chargers catch fire. Receivers corps had a fantastic day making some awesome long TD catches. Ajee Patterson was accurate on the deep throws.
                UNH Defense outplayed Assumption and was disrupting Cody Williams making him flee the pocket and try to throw on the run. This was the best half for UNH all year.

UNH scored first in the third quarter to take a 27-0 lead and then became conservative allowing Assumption to mount a serious comeback. Suddenly it was run run run and punt for UNH who was clearly playing clock management.

Assumption closed the gap with some interesting ref calls and a lot of improved play by their offense. Late in the game after yet another three and out Assumption had the ball with less then a minute left. Got yet another call and right at the end was one last gasp play from a possible win but the Hail Flutie (Hail Mary for those not from New England lol) went wanting and UNH had its biggest win in years.

Pre game and half time food was improved and it was a pink out for Breast Cancer as an UNH Donor gave money to make it happen and I wore a pink tee shirt in public g for the first and probably last time in my life as I looked like Barny the dinosaurs demented pink Brother or maybe a mis-colored Walrus.

This win if LIU Post and UNH remain undefeated in conference will set up one heck of a last game of the season with a League Tittle and Division 2 play-off berth on the line.

J

Comment

So did the New Haven defense effort.............

Comment

It was an impressive win for New Haven today. They played a great three quarters and one bad one.

Patterson was outstanding and was pumped after the game. He made a lot of throws that only his receivers could grab.

The defense was great for 45 minutes but forgot about the 4th. Good thing that the game was only 60 minutes as Assumption might have won of the game was longer.

New Haven has a huge trap game next weekend as they travel to Stonehill. They always have tough games in Easton but seem to gut out wins.

Comment

AC spotted UNH 27 points. Refused to double cover. Offense stalled their own drives more often with weird calls and poor execution. QB play is too erratic. The puppies have taken over the pound. Trending poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post
                        AC spotted UNH 27 points. Refused to double cover. Offense stalled their own drives more often with weird calls and poor execution. QB play is too erratic. The puppies have taken over the pound. Trending poorly.
                        I was at the game yesterday, New Haven earned those 27 points. I saw every New Haven point being scored and how they got to each touchdown. Assumption was pretty down for 3 quarters of the game and got momentum in the 4th but it was a little late. New Haven sideline was pretty pumped. Assumption is not the same team as they had the previous 2 seasons but still a very talented football team. I got to talk to a few folks from Assumption side and they were some of nicest people there.
                        Last edited by Chargers Nation; 10-21-2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jim816 View Post
                          UNH Game Notes

A tale of two halves.
                          After a scoreless first quarter Chargers catch fire. Receivers corps had a fantastic day making some awesome long TD catches. Ajee Patterson was accurate on the deep throws.
                          UNH Defense outplayed Assumption and was disrupting Cody Williams making him flee the pocket and try to throw on the run. This was the best half for UNH all year.

UNH scored first in the third quarter to take a 27-0 lead and then became conservative allowing Assumption to mount a serious comeback. Suddenly it was run run run and punt for UNH who was clearly playing clock management.

Assumption closed the gap with some interesting ref calls and a lot of improved play by their offense. Late in the game after yet another three and out Assumption had the ball with less then a minute left. Got yet another call and right at the end was one last gasp play from a possible win but the Hail Flutie (Hail Mary for those not from New England lol) went wanting and UNH had its biggest win in years.

Pre game and half time food was improved and it was a pink out for Breast Cancer as an UNH Donor gave money to make it happen and I wore a pink tee shirt in public g for the first and probably last time in my life as I looked like Barny the dinosaurs demented pink Brother or maybe a mis-colored Walrus.

This win if LIU Post and UNH remain undefeated in conference will set up one heck of a last game of the season with a League Tittle and Division 2 play-off berth on the line.

J
                          Jim, nice job as usual. I got 4 of those pink t-shirts right at the entrance to the stadium yesterday also but the ones I got were for the marching band thou.

Comment

Originally posted by Chargers Nation View Post
                            I was at the game yesterday, New Haven earned those 27 points. I saw every New Haven point being scored and how they got to each touchdown. Assumption was pretty down for 3 quarters of the game and got momentum in the 4th but it was a little late. New Haven sideline was pretty pumped. Assumption is not the same team as they had the previous 2 seasons but still a very talented football team. I got to talk to a few folks from Assumption side and they were some of nicest people there.
                            I'm not sure what in the post could be taken as negative against UNH, I didn't say anything about them. Spotting 27 points did not mean it was luck or it wasn't earned, you are being to literal. The first three touchdowns were near spectacular passes and catches. You dominated field position all day, you managed the clock better and for the most part out coached the other side. The band was fantastic and the weather you had was great and I saved my cool ticket stub. So is your inference to mean I'm not a nice person? Now I'll wait for the AC fans reprimand me and check my spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post
                              I'm not sure what in the post could be taken as negative against UNH, I didn't say anything about them. Spotting 27 points did not mean it was luck or it wasn't earned, you are being to literal. The first three touchdowns were near spectacular passes and catches. You dominated field position all day, you managed the clock better and for the most part out coached the other side. The band was fantastic and the weather you had was great and I saved my cool ticket stub. So is your inference to mean I'm not a nice person? Now I'll wait for the AC fans reprimand me and check my spelling.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X