Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

This might actually be a better question for Paul, since he's the league expert and doesn't live in PA like I do. I do think that Pace got caught by surprise against Millersville and have shown they are a better team than that since. How that translates when they play Assumption and New Haven, I don't know, since they've played SCSU and Franklin Pierce and face St. Anselm next. I think they'll end up somewhere around 5-5 to 7-3.

It's hard to say how the league is as a whole as well. I think the top teams aren't as strong as they were last year, and the week 1 problems didn't exactly help. If you asked me today I would say that the New Haven/Assumption game will be what determines the league champion and playoff representative. Looks like PSAC will be pushing to get 4 playoff teams this year.
    Pace was reading their own press clips before the Millersville's game and got caught not playing 60 minutes and 100% of their ability. It was a wakeup call for them and you have seen a better performance in the past couple of weeks. The Setters are still a young team in overall experience but have talent at numerous positions.

They are replacing several players on the DL that got NFL tryouts and provided a lot of on-field and off-field leadership the past several years. The test for Pace will be the 1st 2 weekends of October when they play at New Haven and host Assumption. If they sweep the games, they are for real. If they split the games, they have a chance at winning the title. And if they are swept, they are not in the top tier of the league.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X