Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR1 and NE10

Almost halfway through the season, SR1 looks tight for NE10. PSAC has five 5-0 teams. MEC has one 5-0 and three 4-1 teams. NE10 has ASSUMPTION 4-1 and STONEHILL 3-1. Considering possibly two of the undefeateds will finish 11-0, several of the others will be 10-1 and several more will be 9-2,. is there any chance a two loss team can get in from the league ?

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Almost halfway through the season, SR1 looks tight for NE10. PSAC has five 5-0 teams. MEC has one 5-0 and three 4-1 teams. NE10 has ASSUMPTION 4-1 and STONEHILL 3-1. Considering possibly two of the undefeateds will finish 11-0, several of the others will be 10-1 and several more will be 9-2,. is there any chance a two loss team can get in from the league ?
    Have no idea how I forgot the GMAC. Right now only TIFFIN @ 4-1 seems like a possibility. HILLSDALE, FINDLEY and ODU all have 2 losses and don't look like strong possibilities.

Comment

Notre Dame (OH) 5-0. They had a good run last year.

Comment

Have no idea how I forgot the GMAC. Right now only TIFFIN @ 4-1 seems like a possibility. HILLSDALE, FINDLEY and ODU all have 2 losses and don't look like strong possibilities.
        Tiffin, Hillsdale and Findlay all have to play each other yet. And one of ODU's losses it to out-of-region and undefeated Valdosta. Could be messy in the GMAC

Comment

Some of those 5-0 teams still need to play each other but the NE10 will be the 6th or 7th seed at best this year. They don't have a strong candidate for the playoffs like years past. Assumption might be the best of the bunch but they still have not played the better teams in the league. Stonehill is in a similar situation. A two or three-loss team from the NE10 is on the brink of playing in the playoffs with the other leagues have better records at the moment. But once again, things will shake out over the course of the next six weeks.

Comment

Findlay and ODU only have 1 in-region loss each. It would be silly to rule them out.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Findlay and ODU only have 1 in-region loss each. It would be silly to rule them out.
              ODU maybe, because they beat FINDLAY and only have HILLSDALE as a challenge. FINDLAY unlikely since they still have HILLSDALE and TIFFIN in conference as well as NDC and ASHLAND as OOC.

Comment

Findlay's a good team. Even if they go 1-1 in those OOC games, as long as they win out in conference, they have a shot considering how high their SOS will be.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                  Findlay's a good team. Even if they go 1-1 in those OOC games, as long as they win out in conference, they have a shot considering how high their SOS will be.
                  Time will tell but I don't see them getting by HILLSDALE, TIFFIN, NDC and ASHLAND with less than two losses. SOS is important but 3 or 4 loss teams are not getting into the playoffs..IMO.

Comment

Time will tell, that's why they play the games.

Comment

Comment

The thought of another SR team being dropped into SR1 ( most likely from SR2) and bumping a NE10 team seems to be a real, though distant, possibility.

Comment

The thought of another SR team being dropped into SR1 ( most likely from SR2) and bumping a NE10 team seems to be a real, though distant, possibility.
                          I don't understand how that's possible. Please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

I don't understand how that's possible. Please explain.
                            Check the General Discussion thread " Proposed New Bracket Structure for 2019" for details. Long and short of it is if any SR has an abundance of excellent teams, and the specified criteria (don't ask me) are met one of their teams may end up in another SR. I actually asked if this meant that it was possible for the members of a particular SR to be shut out of the semis if the interloper team won that region, the answer is yes.
                            Very complicated rules change supposedly done to save travel $$$, but IMO this is a way for leagues like GLIAC and MIAA to get more of their teams into the PLAYOFFS. I have no idea what the largest league, PSAC, thinks about it but would be interested if anyone knows.

Comment

Have they implemented the "proposed" rule?

My gut feeling is that if SOS comes into play, NE10 teams will be out. Assumption will be the hardest hit, having to play Franklin Pierce (new D2 team) once and St. A's twice, (one in conference and one OOC game). That, along with being blown out by Kutztown, they may need to run the table to have a chance. This league is up for grabs, depends on who is home. I haven't done the math on it but seems like the champion could easily have 2 or 3 losses. 3 ain't getting in.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X