Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Yep, mark your calendars for 11/9. Pace at Stonehill could be the league championship game!
    What happens if STONEHILL wins but gets stomped AGAIN by NHU on 11/16 ???

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

What happens if STONEHILL wins but gets stomped AGAIN by NHU on 11/16 ???

Comment

Comment

I don't see the trap when you're playing a team that scores 15 ppg and gives up 50 on average. UNH is a strange team.

Comment

I don't see the trap when you're playing a team that scores 15 ppg and gives up 50 on average. UNH is a strange team.

Comment

I know what a trap game is but having watched CAL U play them in week one, I think I can say, that a team that has won 7 games in 4 years is an inferior team. Not in the sense that they aren't trying, but they simply don't have the players. It isn't easy to give up an average of 50 ppg. The VULCANS took a lot of grief on the PSAC page for even scheduling the game. The CHARGERS scored more points the CAL U did vs IUP and then crushed STONEHILL and beat PACE before losing to the HAWKS. Well, hopefully they got that game out of their system and are ready to take it to SCSU.

Comment

I know what a trap game is but having watched CAL U play them in week one, I think I can say, that a team that has won 7 games in 4 years is an inferior team. Not in the sense that they aren't trying, but they simply don't have the players. It isn't easy to give up an average of 50 ppg. The VULCANS took a lot of grief on the PSAC page for even scheduling the game. The CHARGERS scored more points the CAL U did vs IUP and then crushed STONEHILL and beat PACE before losing to the HAWKS. Well, hopefully they got that game out of their system and are ready to take it to SCSU.
                Go back to the PSAC board and rag on those teams.

Comment

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post

Go back to the PSAC board and rag on those teams.
                  Been there, doing that.

Comment

I know they left the conference after last year but did anyone notice somehow someway Merrimack packed Duane Stadium last weekend with a record 10k+ for their homecoming game against Bryant? I'm still trying to figure out how they got that many people in such a small stadium where capacity is only at 4k. While they haven't beaten a FCS opponent yet this season they actually have been pretty competitive in 3 out of the 4 FCS games they've played losing by a score in each of those games.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                      I know they left the conference after last year but did anyone notice somehow someway Merrimack packed Duane Stadium last weekend with a record 10k+ for their homecoming game against Bryant? I'm still trying to figure out how they got that many people in such a small stadium where capacity is only at 4k. While they haven't beaten a FCS opponent yet this season they actually have been pretty competitive in 3 out of the 4 FCS games they've played losing by a score in each of those games.

Comment

There is a track around the field and a huge amount of standing room area. There are only seats on one side (4000), but there is a standing room concourse along the visitors side. 10k is not outrageous as far as fitting that many, the fact that they got that many is harder to believe. They are in a 4 year ramp-up to be full D1 and their schedule includes an NAIA team from North Dakota, Franklin Pierce who is now NE10 - D2 team moved up from a Sprint Football program, Virginia Lynchburg, a member of the National Christian College Athletic Association. It would seem that they are ramping up slowly and hand picking teams. So how good is the NEC is my question?
                        Last edited by NE10Fan; 10-18-2019, 11:27 AM.

Comment

I do agree with you, NH is a strange team this year. Also, though, St. A. had trapped them three times now, especially in 2010 when beating them meant a playoff spot.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X