Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippery Rock at New Haven

I'm posting this here as well (originally posted on the PSAC forum) so New Haven fans can see it and offer any responses to my questions. Thanks!

I know West Chester lost its starting QB in the loss to New Haven, but that had nothing to do with the Chargers scoring 35 points on a defense that had us completely flummoxed a week earlier. That's worrisome. Offensively, we've left a lot to be desired the last two weeks. The play calling has to improve if we want to win Saturday. With our athletes, we should be scoring more than 10 and 17 points a game. I don't think less than 20 will cut it this weekend.

I know I really called into question whether Lutz was the right guy for this job after the Shippensburg loss, but he's done a great job of getting these guys refocused week in and week out. As bad as we looked against West Chester, he had the players ready to go in the playoffs. Kudos to him for that.

Anybody from New Haven want to chime in about things those of us traveling should know (parking, seating, places to eat, etc)? Looking forward to a good game and hoping for a heat wave in New England. Go Rock!

Re: Slippery Rock at New Haven

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    I'm posting this here as well (originally posted on the PSAC forum) so New Haven fans can see it and offer any responses to my questions. Thanks!

I know West Chester lost its starting QB in the loss to New Haven, but that had nothing to do with the Chargers scoring 35 points on a defense that had us completely flummoxed a week earlier. That's worrisome. Offensively, we've left a lot to be desired the last two weeks. The play calling has to improve if we want to win Saturday. With our athletes, we should be scoring more than 10 and 17 points a game. I don't think less than 20 will cut it this weekend.

I know I really called into question whether Lutz was the right guy for this job after the Shippensburg loss, but he's done a great job of getting these guys refocused week in and week out. As bad as we looked against West Chester, he had the players ready to go in the playoffs. Kudos to him for that.

Anybody from New Haven want to chime in about things those of us traveling should know (parking, seating, places to eat, etc)? Looking forward to a good game and hoping for a heat wave in New England. Go Rock!

Comment

Fairly ample parking, there is a tailgate lot for grills and another for non grilling. Bleachers on both sides similar to SRU. Have a backup plan for your phone GPS because if you don't your f'd. Pretty good band at halftime. Always sunny in New Haven.
      Pepe's is the best. Get there Sunday morning as they open or you're f'd again. Oh yea, and get ready for the Smurf Turf.
      Last edited by NE10Fan; 11-20-2018, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
          One thing I will say is that Lutz was a finalist for the New Haven job when it was last open
          When was that??

Comment

I heard Coach Lutz's analysis of Post's team on the pre-game broadcast on WCWP-FM on my way to the game last Saturday. His analysis was spot-on, and the performance of his team on both sides of the ball conformed exactly to what he said they needed to do in order to win that game.
            You guys have a good coach.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
              When was that??
              I believe it was back in 2014 when New Haven hired Pincince.

Comment

I will be at the home game on Saturday so no in game reporting.

I hope the board liked my updating I kept the comments short and punchy (Sorta like me lol)

Go Chargers I just hope we do not think it will be easy as SRU is an excellent team and UNH will need an effort like last week to turn our small advantages
                into victory.

No matter what this was a superb season for UNH Chargers and if our new AD Chris Palmer has his way its only going to get better from here. CP
                is a man with a plan some very ambitious ideas that if he gets buy in from the bigger donors will definitely take UNH to some new places at the end (Hint hint but only a tease)

Comment

Originally posted by jim816 View Post
                  I will be at the home game on Saturday so no in game reporting.

I hope the board liked my updating I kept the comments short and punchy (Sorta like me lol)

Go Chargers I just hope we do not think it will be easy as SRU is an excellent team and UNH will need an effort like last week to turn our small advantages
                  into victory.

No matter what this was a superb season for UNH Chargers and if our new AD Chris Palmer has his way its only going to get better from here. CP
                  is a man with a plan some very ambitious ideas that if he gets buy in from the bigger donors will definitely take UNH to some new places at the end (Hint hint but only a tease)
                  Jim, you're doing a wonderful job and I thank you for what you are doing. Go Chargers!

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
                    Jim, you're doing a wonderful job and I thank you for what you are doing. Go Chargers!

Comment

Weather report

Will the weather have any impact in today's game??

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                        Weather report

Will the weather have any impact in today's game??
                        If the Weather Channel is to be believed, looks good for the game. 40-44 with minimal chance of rain and low winds.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X