Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 13 Score Updates

Last edited by cwfenn; 11-24-2018, 11:56 AM.

Re: Week 13 Score Updates

SRU leads 28-10 late in the second. New Haven is getting run over and SRU has scored a TD on every drive. Offense doing OK but no defense means no win.

Comment

Last edited by cwfenn; 11-24-2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Comment

UNH Game Notes

SPEED KILLS.

New Haven Chargers had no response for an excellent Slippery Rock Running attack that shredded the Charger defense
          leading to an easy 59-20 SRU Win.

This was the fastest team we saw all year and it definitely exposed some weaknesses. in the Charger Defense. SRU was able to make the corner time and time again and we were helpless to keep up. Then When we spread ourselves wide SRU went to the pass for more scores. This was over by half tie as SRU scored 5 TD's including 2 in the last 4 minutes to blow out the game early.

While it is disappointing to end our season like this it does not take away form the great season the Chargers had. Making the D2 play-offs and winning an opening round road game as a large dog showed a lot
          of growth. I think this team overachieved its expectations.

Nest year the key to consistency is replacing Ajee Patterson who left some might big shoes to fill. Recruiting more in state talent and of course going to the local hot beds of New York New Jersey and PA will continue
          but now we have this season to point to as a recruiting plus. Long term this team still need work especially as we learned today in team defense speed. I am personally looking forward to the future and want and expect
          UNH Chargers to contend for the league championship not every few years but every year

Having buy in from President Kaplan and the new AD Chris Palmer could really make this happen.

Comment

Slippery Rock was just awesome yesterday. They made zero mistakes and just easily defeated New Haven at everything. At one point, they were 10 for 12 on 3rd down conversions and were 2 for 2 on 4th down conversions. They were just not going to be stopped.

New Haven just had no answer for anything the Rock did. It was a complete domination.

Comment

Smoked like a Cuban cigar.

Comment

Originally posted by jim816 View Post
                Having buy in from President Kaplan and the new AD Chris Palmer could really make this happen.
                Agreed. This team reminded me of the 1995 team that won a playoff game. Hopefully Palmer will be able to see his plan through since UNH athletics in general has been really good, but there's been a ceiling that schools in the Northeast haven't been able to break in many sports, particularly football.

Particularly happy that Patterson got a chance in the playoffs. To put up those numbers and to start all 4 years, set the records he set, and not have a chance wouldn't have been right. Hope UNH puts him in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                  Agreed. This team reminded me of the 1995 team that won a playoff game. Hopefully Palmer will be able to see his plan through since UNH athletics in general has been really good, but there's been a ceiling that schools in the Northeast haven't been able to break in many sports, particularly football.

Particularly happy that Patterson got a chance in the playoffs. To put up those numbers and to start all 4 years, set the records he set, and not have a chance wouldn't have been right. Hope UNH puts him in the Hall of Fame.
                  Agreed on Patterson and I am going to suggest hat too but I think we got like a 3 year waiting period from graduation?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X