Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking ahead to 2019

The 2018 NE10 season was a season of many surprises and moments. Among those moments (and I apologize if I missed some) were:

1. Pace finishing with a 7-3 record, their best record in decades.
    2. LIU-Post and New Haven going neck-and-neck all season and having the NE10 title decided by one yard.
    3. Cody Williams getting the starting QB nod at Assumption over incumbent Marc Monks.
    4. The NE10 getting two teams in the NCAA playoffs, and New Haven beating PSAC champ West Chester in the first round
    5. LIU-Post and Merrimack both announcing that they are leaving the NE10 and Division 2 to join the Division 1 Northeast Conference.
    6. Franklin Pierce announcing they will begin a Division 2 football program and play in the NE10 in 2019.

What will 2019 bring in what will be a very new NE10? Who will be favored and who might surprise? Could AIC, St. Anselm, or Stonehill have a Pace-like turnaround?

And to those LIU-Post people who were so active on the forum (and the Merrimack people, if there were any) - hope the NEC is good to you and don't be strangers.

Re: Looking ahead to 2019

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
    The 2018 NE10 season was a season of many surprises and moments. Among those moments (and I apologize if I missed some) were:

1. Pace finishing with a 7-3 record, their best record in decades.
    2. LIU-Post and New Haven going neck-and-neck all season and having the NE10 title decided by one yard.
    3. Cody Williams getting the starting QB nod at Assumption over incumbent Marc Monks.
    4. The NE10 getting two teams in the NCAA playoffs, and New Haven beating PSAC champ West Chester in the first round
    5. LIU-Post and Merrimack both announcing that they are leaving the NE10 and Division 2 to join the Division 1 Northeast Conference.
    6. Franklin Pierce announcing they will begin a Division 2 football program and play in the NE10 in 2019.

What will 2019 bring in what will be a very new NE10? Who will be favored and who might surprise? Could AIC, St. Anselm, or Stonehill have a Pace-like turnaround?

And to those LIU-Post people who were so active on the forum (and the Merrimack people, if there were any) - hope the NEC is good to you and don't be strangers.
    I don't intend to be a stranger; although I haven't been as active the last couple of seasons as in the past, I've really enjoyed contributing to this forum, and I have enormous respect for the guys who play in D2 because they play with character, pride and passion, not because they're auditioning for a job in the NFL. The NFL would do well to give more chances to D2 players, because those guys would never take the opportunity for granted like so many D1 "divas" do.
    In closing, although in principle I have a positive reaction to Post moving to the FCS, I'm not happy with the manner in which LIU imposed this radical restructuring of athletics on Post. I'm hardly alone in feeling that way. Current students as well as alumni are angry at yet another high-handed "diktat" from the LIU administration. The Post men's basketball team, which will cease to exist after the current season, has been reduced to 9 players because many squad members opted out rather than waste a year of eligibility for no good reason. Although Post players are welcome to try out for the LIU squad next season, anyone who knows anything about New York area traffic knows that LIU's offer to transport players from the Post campus to and from downtown Brooklyn every day for practices and games is a non-starter.
    I recently ran into a Post alum who played lacrosse. He said that with the impending loss of our school colors, our mascot and all if our unique traditions, he felt that he had never attended school there. I completely understand his attitude.

I never thought I would miss the name "LIU Post." But now I will.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP '68 View Post
      I don't intend to be a stranger; although I haven't been as active the last couple of seasons as in the past, I've really enjoyed contributing to this forum, and I have enormous respect for the guys who play in D2 because they play with character, pride and passion, not because they're auditioning for a job in the NFL. The NFL would do well to give more chances to D2 players, because those guys would never take the opportunity for granted like so many D1 "divas" do.
      In closing, although in principle I have a positive reaction to Post moving to the FCS, I'm not happy with the manner in which LIU imposed this radical restructuring of athletics on Post. I'm hardly alone in feeling that way. Current students as well as alumni are angry at yet another high-handed "diktat" from the LIU administration. The Post men's basketball team, which will cease to exist after the current season, has been reduced to 9 players because many squad members opted out rather than waste a year of eligibility for no good reason. Although Post players are welcome to try out for the LIU squad next season, anyone who knows anything about New York area traffic knows that LIU's offer to transport players from the Post campus to and from downtown Brooklyn every day for practices and games is a non-starter.
      I recently ran into a Post alum who played lacrosse. He said that with the impending loss of our school colors, our mascot and all if our unique traditions, he felt that he had never attended school there. I completely understand his attitude.

So no plans on winning this season?

Comment

Originally posted by CWP '68 View Post

I feel bad for Post alums and will miss Post in Division 2. I always loved their uniforms -- especially their helmet.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X